Dhokla – a quick and healthy tea time snack. Mix besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Here is why it is good to have homemade dhoklas for snacks rather than the greasy dishes you crave every now and then. Here is a low down on the many health benefits this chai time snack has.
It is also very easy to make. This is a popular Indian snacks. Here is a simple recipe to share with you. You can have Dhokla – a quick and healthy tea time snack using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dhokla – a quick and healthy tea time snack
- You need 200 gms of gram flour (besan).
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 of ENO (fruit salt flavour).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1/4th tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 2 of dry chillies.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 6-8 of Curry leaves.
Made in a microwave, this could be the quick Now is the time we try something up a notch and that is this Indo-Chinese dhokla recipe popularly. Sprouts dhokla is a dhokla but not a main stream one, as it is made with moong sprouts which This sprouts dhokla with spinach all-time favourite is enjoyed as a starter, as a tea-time snack, or even for breakfast. Some dhokla batters need grinding and fermentation while some are quick and need to. Dhokla is a popular Gujarati snack that can be eaten as a snack, meal or accompaniment with your tea or coffee in the afternoon.
Dhokla – a quick and healthy tea time snack instructions
- Mix besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Add lemon juice and water and whisk it to form a bit flowy batter as shown in the picture. Then add 1 tbpn hot oil and stir well. Keep the batter aside..
- Now let the water in your steamer boil. (You can also use a idli maker/pressure cooker) Once the water starts to boil, add baking soda and ENO to the batter and mix well..
- Now grease the container in which you can steam the batter with little oil and pour the batter into it and steam for 10mins. And voila! The dhokla is ready..
- Now take a pan and heat one tbsp oil. Add mustard seeds, dey chilli and curry leaves. Fry on low flame for few seconds and use it to garnish your dhokla..
Taking to his Instagram, the chef shared the method writing in the caption, "Makai Dhokla – A healthy and savoury Gujarati snack that can be made instantly but with a. Dhokla Recipe Tea Time Snacks Sprout Recipes Chutney Food Photo Sprouts Spinach Curry Healthy Recipes. Sprouts dhokla is a dhokla but not a main stream one, as it is made with moong sprouts which make it even healthier! It is a soft and fluffy steamed snack from the Gujarati repertoire. Khaman Dhokla is a Vegetarian steamed savory snack recipe that originates from the Indian State of Gujarat.