Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta". Surprise your friends and family at your next dinner with this spiralized veggie pasta dish. This is the most "difficult" and boring part of the preparation. All Reviews for Carrot and Zucchini Pasta.
The pasta is sauteed with roasted carrot and zucchini which is then topped with a tangy herb flavoured tomato sauce. Serve it along with garlic bread. This easy, gluten-free pasta dish is flavored with an easy carrot top pesto. You can cook Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta"
- It’s 4 of carrots (or zucchinis or half of each).
- It’s 2/3 cup of (or more) of any pasta sauce you prefer (i.e. marinara sauce, mince meat, peanut sauce, carbonara sauce etc).
- Prepare 6 tbsp of grated cheese.
Add pasta to pan and toss everything with Sign up to the Healthy Nibbles Newsletter and receive the latest recipes and a free cookbook. Apart from supporting healthy eye-sight, this carrot & zucchini pasta contains fiber, potassium and carotenoids. That's a nutrient trio which is known to lower cholesterol, and even helps lower blood pressure. This is good news for anyone with heart conditions or high blood pressure.
Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" instructions
- This is the most "difficult" and boring part of the preparation. You'll need a potato peeler and you have to peel each carrot (and/or zucchini) until it's so thin that you can't possibly peel it anymore. The time this takes depends on the size of the carrots but it's generally ~6 mins per carrot..
- Once you're done with step one you'll have carrot (and/or zucchini) noodles! They may seem like a lot but they'll shrink in size later on..
- Throw all of the "noodles" into a frying pan and cook for ~3-5 mins, until they're as soft as you like your pasta to be. You don't need to add any oil but you gotta stir and move them around a lot..
- Turn off the heat and add your favorite sauce (that you've already prepared before starting with this recipe)..
- Transfer to bowls..
- Top with a generous amount of grated cheese (I find that the taste of the carrots is too strong without cheese) and enjoy!.
Ingredients of Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta". There's no need to cut out all pasta when dining on zoodles. This recipe combines spiralized zucchini and carrots with spaghetti for a perfect pasta dinner. Zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots are all excellent sources of fiber, a nutrient that promotes healthy digestion and aids in weight loss. This recipe pairs perfectly with any weeknight meal.