Cranberry and Chilli Brioche Wreath.
You can cook Cranberry and Chilli Brioche Wreath using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cranberry and Chilli Brioche Wreath
- You need 1 of large free-range eggs.
- It’s 1/3 tbsp of full-fat milk.
- It’s 88 g (3 oz) of bread flour, plus extra for dusting.
- Prepare 2 g of fast-action dried yeast.
- Prepare 8 g of caster sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 50 g of dried cranberries, chopped.
- Prepare 50 g (2 oz) of unsalted butter, cubed and softened.
- It’s 125 g of good quality camembert.
Cranberry and Chilli Brioche Wreath instructions
- If you're in a hot country, chill all the ingredients in the fridge at least one hour in advance..
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a jug to combine. Add the flour, yeast, sugar and salt to another bowl and mix until well combined. Add the chilli flakes and cranberries and mix through. Make a well in the centre of the flour bowl, add the egg mixture and bring the dough roughly together..
- Transfer the mixture to a stand mixer with a dough hook attached. Slowly add the softened butter a bit at a time, mixing after each addition to make sure it is incorporated before adding more. Then knead the dough on a fast setting for 10 minutes. Cover, pop into the fridge and leave to prove overnight..
- Line a large baking tray with some baking paper. Take the bottom half of the camembert wooden case or use a oven-safe dish in similar size and place in the centre of the baking tray. Put the cheese back in the fridge..
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knock back. Roll into a sausage shape and divide into 6 equal pieces. Pinch each ball into the centre, turn seam-side down and roll around in your hand to create a smooth ball. Arrange around the dish, leaving small gaps to allow them to prove. Cover with some greased cling film and leave to prove at 28C..
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Take the cheese out of the wrapper and pop into the dish. Brush the dough balls with the beaten egg and sprinkle all over the salt. Bake for 16 minutes. Cut open the hot cheese and serve..