Almost Like Store BoughtEnglish Muffins.
You can have Almost Like Store BoughtEnglish Muffins using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Almost Like Store BoughtEnglish Muffins
- You need 200 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 50 grams of Joshinko (or rice flour).
- It’s 20 grams of Sugar.
- You need 4 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 20 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 175 grams of Milk.
- Prepare 4 grams of Dry yeast.
- You need 1 of Corn grits.
Almost Like Store BoughtEnglish Muffins step by step
- Combine all the ingredients except for the corn grits and add to the bread maker. Finish the first proofing..
- Once the dough is done, separate into 6 portions, punch down, and then form into balls. Cover with a towel or dish cloth and let sit for 15 minutes..
- Flatten the dough slightly, spray both sides with water, then coat with the corn grits. Place into the molds..
- Line the bread molds on a baking pan, put another pan on top, and let rise. I let them rise on the bread proofing setting at 40°C for 40 minutes..
- Remove the bread from the oven and preheat the oven to 180°C. Pop the bread back in the oven with the baking pan on top and bake for 15 minutes. Done..
- You can use either corn meal or corn grits to coat the tops and bottoms of the muffins. This time I used corn grits..
- You can make the molds at home. Buy A3 size cardboard sheets from the dollar store and cut into 3 cm widths..
- Fold the ends together to make circular molds and then staple the ends together. Cover the cardboard with aluminum foil and you're done..
- If you want an even more chewy texture, check out..