English Muffin with Rice Flour and Soy Milk.
You can have English Muffin with Rice Flour and Soy Milk using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of English Muffin with Rice Flour and Soy Milk
- Prepare 270 grams of Bread (strong) flour (90 %).
- Prepare 30 grams of Rice flour (10 %).
- Prepare 4 grams of Semi-dried yeast or dried yeast (1.3 %).
- You need 10 grams of Skim milk powder (3.3 %).
- It’s 15 grams of Caster sugar (5 %).
- You need 5 grams of Salt (1.7 %).
- It’s 100 grams of Soy milk (33.3 %).
- It’s 115 grams of Water (38.3 %).
- Prepare 10 grams of Unsalted butter (3.3 %).
- You need 5 grams of Vegetable oil (1.7 %).
- It’s 1 tbsp of or more Corn grits (coarsely ground cornmeal).
English Muffin with Rice Flour and Soy Milk instructions
- Combine the strong bread flour, rice flour, yeast, skim milk powder, sugar, salt, soy milk and water in a bowl with a spatula until evenly incorporated..
- Knead the dough in a bread maker or kneading equipment. When the gluten forms, add the unsalted butter and vegetable oil. Knead further. It takes 15 minutes in my bread maker..
- Shape the dough into a ball. Place the dough with the joint side down in the bowl. Leave it for the first proving until it has almost doubled in size..
- Transfer the dough onto a work surface and knock back. Divide the dough into 8 portions and shape into balls. Place each portion with the joint side down and cover with cling film to prevent from drying. Leave at room temperature for 13-15 minutes..
- After 13-15 minutes knock back and shape each dough into a smooth flat rounds. Coat with corn grits..
- Spread the corn grits onto a small plate and coat the surface of the dough evenly. Make sure that the sides are coated with corn grits to remove the muffins from the moulds easily..
- Line the baking tray with baking parchment. Arrange greased muffin moulds and place each dough in the centre of the moulds (I use an oil spray to grease the moulds)..
- Lightly cover with cling film to prevent the surfaces from drying. Leave the dough to prove for about 30 minutes at 35˚C, until the dough swells just over the top edges of the mould..
- After the second proving pre-heat an oven to 190˚C. Meanwhile cover the dough with baking parchment. While the oven is pre-heating, the proving is continuing..
- After pre-heating the oven, place another baking tray on top. Bake at 190˚C for 10 minutes, turn down to 180˚C and bake for a further 5-7 minutes. It will take 15-17 minutes in total..
- After baking, remove the moulds and cool the muffins on a cooling rack..
- They look pretty..
- The outsides are crispy! I like the texture of the cornmeal! The insides are fluffy. They are very rustic English muffins, using rice flour and soy milk..
- Slice in half and toast. Serve with butter and syrup, or sandwich filling of your choice!.
- I made a burger with a muffin, and it was exquisite..
- If you use homemade starter, decrease the amount of flour to 250 g. Use 10 g of the starter and 65 g of water. Calculate other ingredients, using a bakers' percentages..