Menestra de Verduras 🌱 Spanish veggie soup or stew.
You can cook Menestra de Verduras 🌱 Spanish veggie soup or stew using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Menestra de Verduras 🌱 Spanish veggie soup or stew
- It’s 1 of white or brown onion.
- It’s 1 of courgette.
- It’s 1 of chopped pepper (any colour or selection of coloured peppers).
- You need A few of muchrooms.
- It’s A few of peas or beans.
- It’s 1 handful of seasonal greens.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (crushed it sliced).
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- You need 1 of potatoes cubed or sliced (or a few small potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika.
- You need A few of olives.
- Prepare A few of artichokes.
- It’s A few of stems of asparagus.
- You need 1 splash of olive oil.
- You need 1 splash of sherry vinegar (can sub for red wine vinegar if you prefer or even white wine).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Parsley to garnish (optional).
Menestra de Verduras 🌱 Spanish veggie soup or stew step by step
- Heat a little oil in your pan and slowly sauté the onion until slightly jammy. Add the garlic and sauté for a could of minutes. Add the mushrooms and carrots and artichokes and continue for a further minute or 2..
- Add a splash of sherry vinegar, paprika and grate the tomatoes into the pan. Add the remaining veggies and beans or lentils if you are using and top with enough water (you can use stock if you prefer) to cover with an inch to spare. Simmer until the veg are cooked. Note: depending on the veg that you are using you can add to the pot in the time it will take them to cook. I add the greens at the very end. Top with a little more water if needed..
- Serve in a bowl as soup or stew and top with chopped parsley. You could serve as a side dish if you prefer..