Healthy morning glory muffins. These wholesome morning glory muffins are my very favorite muffin variety. Filled with healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour, flax, apples, carrots, raisins, applesauce, and honey, these cinnamon-spiced muffins taste like apple cake, spice cake, and moist carrot cake combined. A lot of my friends and family are on health kicks right now, keeping me hot on the hunt for healthy, satisfying recipes that are easy These whole wheat and healthy morning glory muffins have quickly become a favorite.
She included carrots, apples, raisins, coconut, and sometimes nuts or pineapple. I love the cafe bought Morning Glory muffins, and it was nice to finally be able to duplicate them at home! Using the review advice, I substituted half a cup of applesauce for the oil, which worked great. You can have Healthy morning glory muffins using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy morning glory muffins
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1/2 of of an large apple finely grated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of packed grated carrots.
- You need 3/8 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oat flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chia seed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cranberries or raisins.
- You need 1/2 of large apple cubed.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped toasted walnuts.
Our healthy remake of these classic cafe Morning Glory Muffins is bursting with flavor! If your kids love muffins as much as ours do, you might be looking for something beyond the usual blueberry or bran. Make these healthy morning glory muffins for a nutritious breakfast or afternoon snack. These healthy morning glory muffins are surprisingly moist, even though they're low in fat, thanks to nutritious, flavorful add-ins like banana, carrots, oats, and raisins.
Healthy morning glory muffins instructions
- Preheat to 350 F.
- Spray muffin tin with oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the ground oat flour, chia seed, cranberries or raisins and chopped walnuts and stir.
- In a small bowl, mix together green yogurt, egg, honey, vanilla, grated carrots, grated apple, and chopped apples.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and fold to moisten all the flour until just combined.
- Pour into muffin tins and garnish the top with more crushed oats and crushed walnuts(optional).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown in the sides.
- Cool in wire rack out of the tin.
- Enjoy! Can freeze the rest in airtight container.
Healthy Morning Glory Muffins packed with carrots, coconut, walnuts, raisins, and whole grains! These delicious muffins are perfect for breakfast. Anyway I'm getting a little sidetracked here. All I really want to do is bring you healthy whole grain muffins to start your year off right. Healthy morning glory muffins filled with wholesome ingredients like oats, apples, carrots, almond butter, walnuts, raisins and naturally sweetened with maple syrup, These easy vegan carrot apple muffins are wonderfully moist, hearty and great for breakfast and snacking!