Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup). A simple soup base is made with sautéed onions, garlic, broth, and tomatoes. I would describe this meal as the PERFECT meal for a rainy day! Here in California, rainy days are rare but when ever they come I take advantage and make.
It will cook as the meatballs This Mexican meatball soup is simple to make and absolutely delicious. We make it with small, rice-studded meatballs (albondigas), a few veggies. Albondigas is a traditional Mexican soup of beef and turkey meatballs simmered in a fragrant tomato and chicken broth. You can cook Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup) using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup)
- Prepare of For the soup.
- You need 1 of Big Pot.
- It’s 2 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 7 of Carrots.
- You need 4 lb of Yellow Potatoes.
- Prepare 8 oz of 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- It’s 3 of zucchinis.
- It’s 1 clove of of Garlic.
- You need 3/4 cup of finely chopped Mint Leaves.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Knorr.
- You need of oil.
- You need 3 of corn on the cobs cut in half ( if wanted).
Filled with vegetables and spices, it's hearty and delicious. A savory soup made with meatballs, potatoes, carrots and zucchini. Ground Chicharron is my secret flavor weapon! Albondigas Soup, the Mexican version of Meatballs Soup is hearty, flavorful and super satisfying.
Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup) instructions
- First, grab a medium pot and boil the 3/4 cup of water. Once that's boiled pour in the 3/4 cup of rice, and the Knorr. Mix well, if the water is all gone, the rice should still be a little under cooked. Leave that aside so it can cool..
- Chop you carrots and potatoes. The potatoes can be chopped up in 4 pieces ( if you would like them smaller, then do so)..
- Grab a mixing bowl and put your, ground beef, salt, finely chopped mint leaves, eggs, and the white rice. Mix well together with your hands..
- Once you've mixed them together, start grabbing some of the mixture and roll it into a balls (as big as you want)..
- Once you finish step 4. Grab your pot add some oil just enough to cover up the bottom. Add your garlic and let the oil bubble..
- Once the oil starts to bubble add the 2 cans of tomato sauce. Then add in water just half way of the pot. Let that boil for a bit..
- If you would like to add corn to this recipe, add it around the same time as the carrots and potatoes..
- Add in your carrots and potatoes ( if you cut your potatoes into smaller pieces, then add them in when you add your meat). Leave them to boil for about 5-10 minutes..
- Once the 5-10 minutes are up add in your meat. If there's not enough water left, then add as much as you need..
- While your meat is cooking, start cutting up your zucchinis..
- Around 20 minutes or so, check on the soup. Grab a fork and check your potatoes. If the fork goes through the potatoes, add in the cut zucchinis..
- Go back to the soup in 10-15 mins. Check the zucchinis. Poke your fork through a zucchini , if it goes through then your soup is completely done..
This Albondigas Soup recipe is made with This Mexican meatball soup or sopa de albondigas is a family favorite meal and for good reasons! This warming and nutritious soup is loaded with both. Not your typical Albondigas Soup recipe, our version features meatballs that are positively PACKED with flavor, a colorful lineup of veggies, and an unforgettably rich and delicious broth! This Mexican Meatball Soup packs some serious flavor with its winning combination of ingredients. Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican meatball Soup made of a comforting and nourishing broth and hearty herb-filled meatballs.