Healthy Millets Khichdi With Spinach. Khichdi has always been our family's This khichdi is similar to my vegetable khichdi except instead of vegetables, I have used spinach. It is a very nutritious, filling and a comforting meal. Khichdi is made often at home for lunch since my younger kid loves it.
More healthy Millet recipes Little millet lemon rice, Kodo Millet Pulao, Little Millet Upma. Tips & Variations for Rajasthani Bajra Khichdi. These tasty, healthy millet recipes are perfect to keep you warm and disease free this winter. You can have Healthy Millets Khichdi With Spinach using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Millets Khichdi With Spinach
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- It’s 1 cup of foxtail millet.
- It’s 1/4 cup of barnyard millet.
- Prepare 1 cup of moong dal (yellow lentils).
- It’s 1 cup of spinach puree.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed ginger and green chilli.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander and cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 of little turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Add the vegetables (all except the spinach) stir well. Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt Now drain the millet water in your garden and add the millets to the pressure cooker. Millet's are tiny cereals, which are low in Carbohydrates and a very good source of Protein, fibre and Vitamins. This is a very tasty, easy to make, healthy one pot meal which makes a very light meal.
Healthy Millets Khichdi With Spinach instructions
- Wash the millets and dal separately until the water runs clear and keep aside..
- Take a deep non-stick pan and put oil in it..
- Add the cumin seeds, crushed ginger and green chilli and approximately 1 litre water..
- Add moong dal and cook for 10 minutes on low flame..
- Then add the millets and cook for approximately 15 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Then add all the spices, butter, spinach puree and salt. Mix well..
- Cook till the desired consistency adding water if required..
- Serve hot with ghee and pickle! Enjoy!.
Since it is filled with spinach. Spinach is filled with iron, so it is much more nutritious for your baby. You can add any spinach in this, i used arai keerai. Samai Arisi Khichdi – with a detailed ingredient recipe. As I know spinach and tomatoes are good for normal healthy people but in case anyone is suffering from kidney stones this combination is not advisable as it can trigger the formation of more stones but, on general basis.