You can have Healthy Spaghetti using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Spaghetti
- Prepare 1 of lbs. Ground turkey.
- You need of Basilico pasta sauce.
- It’s 14.5 oz. of Can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 6 oz of can of tomato paste.
- It’s 3/4 cup of diced onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of each of sea salt, ground pepper, and garlic powder.
- It’s 1 box of spaghetti.
- It’s Tbsp of red pepper flake (optional).
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Italian seasoning.
Healthy Spaghetti step by step
- Add tbsp of olive oil to large saute pan. Add onion and let saute for 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey; season meat with salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook until brown, breaking up meat while cooking.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and pasta sauce. Season sauce mix with above seasonings plus Italian seasoning. Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes..
- In a large boiling pot, add 4 to 5 cups of water. Bring to a boil..
- While water is rapidly boiling, add pasta. Stir continuously so the noodles don't stick. Adding oil to pot makes the pasta slippery and prevents pasta from absorbing the sauce. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on type of pasta..
- Drain pasta and serve immediately..
- For best taste, take large spoon full of sauce and add to a hot pan. Add pasta to sauce, mix and serve..