Khaman Dhokla/ Khaman (A Healthy Breakfast & Snacks option). Khaman Dhokla (Instant) Recipe (with Step by Step Photos). The secret of its sponginess and no requirement of advance preparation lies in using popular Eno salt. Follow our easy breakfast recipe with step by step photos and discover how easy it is to make mouth watering traditional khaman at.
It is prepared using Besan (Gram flour) with few Indian spices and can be eaten for breakfast, as a side dish, or as a snack. Learn how to make khaman dhokla just like a market with this easy step-by-step process, video, tips, and tricks! Khaman Dhokla (Snacks) recipe, How to make soft Gujarati dhokla Khaman dhokla with detailed step by step photos and video. You can cook Khaman Dhokla/ Khaman (A Healthy Breakfast & Snacks option) using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Khaman Dhokla/ Khaman (A Healthy Breakfast & Snacks option)
- You need of Besan (Seive it for lumpfree Besan).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Sugar.
- You need of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Baking soda.
- It’s of Fruit Salt (Eno).
- Prepare of water.
- You need of For Tempering Syrup.
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Mustard seeds.
- It’s of Few curry leaves.
- You need of Green chillies.
- It’s of or as per taste Salt.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Water.
- You need of lemon.
- Prepare of Green Chutney.
- You need of Mint and Cilantro Chutney (see recipe).
- It’s of Sweet and sour chutney (see recipe).
A famous snack sold in every street of Gujarat, it is no longer restricted to that region. People love these yummy dhoklas as a breakfast, snack or as a farsan. Khaman dhokla is a soft & spongy savory steamed cake that is not only delicious but also addictive. Quickly mix everything well to incorporate it with the batter.
Khaman Dhokla/ Khaman (A Healthy Breakfast & Snacks option) instructions
- Fill up the base vessel for steaming and put the flame on for boiling. I did it in my Momo steamer. My square (cake) tin exactly fitted in it.Grease the tin also and keep it ready. Mix all the ingredients and add water and form a batter, not too thick nor runny. Keep it aside for 10 minutes. Then add Fruit Salt (Eno) and mix it as quick as possible with a whisk and immediately pour it in the tin and steam it for 20 minutes or till the knife inserted comes out clean. Once done let it cool..
- Cut it in the tin itself or put it on a plate and cut it. Heat oil in a pan add the mustard seeds, slitted green chillies, then the curry leaves, cilantro and water and mix. Add Salt and sugar, lemon juice and mix well let the sugar melt and then cook for about 2-3 minutes. Pour it on the cut Khaman Dhokla evenly with the help of a ladle/ spoon. Sprinkle fresh Coconut and fresh cilantro on top of it for garnishing and serve it along with chutneys- Tamarind and date chutney and Green chutney!.
Khaman dhokla batter begins to thicken and turns light. Khaman Dhokla is is a very healthy Gujarati snack that is made from chickpea flour. But its taste, flavor and cooking process is so simple, that it has become the most common snack of every household of India. The simple yet so colorful garnishing of (green)corinader leaves, (white)coconut powder. Easy Khaman Dhokla Recipe: Make the easy and delicious khaman dhokla recipe at home using ingredients like gram flour, baking soda, sugar, green chilli, coconut powder and If you are looking for an easy khaman dhokla at home recipe with step-by-step photos, you have reached your destination.