Afghanistan kubali palao. Kabuli pulao (Pashto: کابلی پلو) is a variety of pilaf made in Afghanistan and other parts of Central Asia. It consists of steamed rice mixed with raisins, carrots, and beef or lamb. There exist different variations depending on the region. to say the kabuli Afghani pulao recipe Peshawar Namak Mandi is one of the most famous Afghani kabuli.
The crown of Afghan cuisine, Kabuli pulao is often said to have been originally created by the upper-class families of Kabul who could afford to prepare this elaborate meat and rice. Here is our version of kabuli Pulao (Afghani Pulao) Recipe. Try it and enjoy this very quick, easy and simple recipe. You can have Afghanistan kubali palao using 13 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Afghanistan kubali palao
- It’s 4 of chicken thighs (or you can use lamb).
- Prepare 2 of grated carrots.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 cup of almond flakes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 7 cups of water.
Kabuli Pulao is an incredibly delicious dish from Afghanistan, as the name suggests. This light and aromatic rice dish with lamb, other meat or poultry, that's jewelled with carrots. Kabuli pulao is special occasion food in Afghanistan. "Pulao" is a type of rice dish made with a special, two-stepped cooking process for the rice that is unmatched in. Kabuli Pulao has been called "The National Food of Afghanistan." It is a flavorful rice dish, usually served with lamb or beef.
Afghanistan kubali palao step by step
- Heat oven to 220c.
- Drain the rice with water in a colander.
- Using an ovenproof dish, pour 1 tbsp oil in and turn up to a high heat.
- Chop the onions and add to the dish to soften and brown.
- Add the chicken and the salt.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 6 minutes, turning regularly to stop the thighs from sticking, until brown.
- Add half of the chicken stock and wait for the liquid to absorb before adding the rest of the stock.
- Cover the dish with foil and simmer for 10 mins.
- In a large frying pan add 1 cup of the water and bring it to the boil, add the grated carrot and cook till tender for about 5 mins.
- Drain the liquid then add the raisins, almonds and sugar.
- Stir for about 3 mins on a medium heat and place the mixture into a little foil parcel.
- Remove the chicken from the stock and set aside.
- Add to the stock cumin, cardamom and pepper and continue to cook on low for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Measure 6 cups of water and add it to a large pan with a pinch of salt.
- Bring the salted water to the boil and add the rice.
- Once the rice is al-dente, strain the rice and add this to the stock.
- Mix the rice and stock well then add the chicken on top.
- Pop the foil parcel of sugared carrot, almond and raisin on top of the chicken (keep in foil) and pop a lid on.
- Bake the pot for 15 mins in the oven then reduce the heat to 110c and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- To serve, put the foil package to the side, mix the chicken and rice gently then open the foil parcel and sprinkle the mixture on top of the chicken and rice..
Afghani Kabuli Pulao is the national dish of Afghanistan. Made with rice and meats and decorated with dry fruits. Learn this easy recipe to cook it yourself. How to make traditional Kabuli pulao. Kabuli Pulao is usually made with steamed rice, topped with the rich gravy.