For Health and Beauty! My Mother's Safe and Easy Yuzu Tea Base.
You can have For Health and Beauty! My Mother's Safe and Easy Yuzu Tea Base using 2 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of For Health and Beauty! My Mother's Safe and Easy Yuzu Tea Base
- Prepare of as much (to taste) Yellow yuzu citrus.
- Prepare of to 100% of the yuzu Sugar.
For Health and Beauty! My Mother's Safe and Easy Yuzu Tea Base instructions
- Sterilize the storage jar(s) in advance in boiling water, and completely dry..
- Scrub the surface of the yuzu with salt (to remove chemicals or wax). Blanch in boiling water briefly, then leave to dry completely..
- Cut into quarters, peel and take out the seeds. Remove the stringy white pith from the inside of the peel, and shred the peel and the pulp of the yuzu finely. Weigh the peel and the pulp at this point..
- Once you know how much how much the usable parts of the yuzu weigh, decide how much sugar to use. Layer the sugar, peel and pulp in a sterilized storage jar, ending with a layer of sugar..
- If you use half the amount of sugar in weight compared to the weight of the yuzu, you'll have a not-so sweet refreshing mixture. The more sugar you add, the better the mixture will keep. I use about 80% sugar..
- This is how it looks after half a day. It's already getting syrupy. In a few days, it will become jammy. Leave it in a cool, dark place (not in the refrigerator) for about a week, then store in the refrigerator after that..
- Once the sugar melts, you can start enjoying it as early as the next day (The peel is still tough at this point.) You can dilute with hot water or shochu, or use it in simmered dishes as a hidden flavor..
- See "Yuzu curd made with yuzu tea (butter spread)" -, which uses this yuzu tea. It's sublime spread on toast or used with desserts. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170179-yuzu-curd-made-of-yuzu-tea-base-use-as-a-spread (see recipe).
- See also: "Yuzu miso that's good for you" -. This has many uses, and makes your cooking more flavorful and deep. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170178-yuzu-miso-thats-good-for-you (see recipe).
- The yuzu seeds can be put into alcohol ("white liqueur") and used as a skin freshener. If you add a lot of seeds, the liquid will become creamy and become a skin conditioner. Increase the collagen in your skin with the benefits of vitamin C..