Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters. These vegetarian tofu recipes are a great alternative to the same old tofu recipes you might be turning to over and over again. It's easy to become more plant-based when there are tofu recipes for literally every meal of the day, dessert included (can a steak do that?). A hash brown crust keeps this dish gluten-free as well as vegan!
Firm tofu as a vegan egg substitute I like it for dinner but it could be a quiche for vegan breakfast casserole, or a vegan brunch idea. The recipe has instructions for both gluten free flours. Tofu is a traditional Asian dish that through westernization and food processing has become more of a meat substitute. You can have Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters
- It’s of sheet Frozen pie crust.
- It’s of Egg Mixture:.
- Prepare of Egg.
- You need of Silken tofu.
- It’s of Heavy cream.
- It’s of Grated cheese.
- You need of Consomme soup stock granules.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Fillings:.
- Prepare of packet Shimeji mushrooms.
- You need of Onion.
- You need of Bacon or ham.
- Prepare of Spinach, eggplant, zucchini etc..
- You need of Butter or margarine.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Tofu is high in protein, but low in fat, sodium, and carbohydrates. For optimal bone health, soy milk should be fortified with calcium and vitamin D. These healthy vegetarian quiche recipes are perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner. These vegetarian quiche recipes are packed with fresh vegetables to create a bright and healthy bite.
Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Let the frozen pie crust thaw to room temperature. Wrap the tofu in paper towels and place a light weight on top to squeeze out the moisture..
- Spread out the pie sheet into the pie dish, cover with a sheet of parchment paper and place the pie weights on top. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes in the 200°C oven..
- While the crust is baking, cut all of the filling ingredients into 1cm sized pieces and lightly saute. If that's too much work, you don't have to saute them!.
- Put the drained tofu into a bowl and use a whisk to mix it until smooth..
- Add the egg mixture and remaining ingredients into the bowl and stir..
- Pour the mixture into the baked pie crust until about 2/3 filled, and smooth it out. Don't put in the filling ingredients first!.
- Place the filling ingredients on top of the egg mixture. (In the picture, I used 1/2 onion, 1 small eggplant, 1/2 zucchini, and 2 slices of bacon. 1 slice of quiche = 100 calories.).
- Cover with the remaining egg mixture and flatten it out. Drop the quiche 2 or 3 times from a distance of about 10 cm to release the air pockets..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the 200°C oven and enjoy!.
Whole-wheat sandwich bread makes for a crust that's easy to cut and stuff into muffin tins in this easy quiche. These tofu-based, mini vegan quiches are extremely versatile: Good hot or cold, for breakfast, in a lunchbox, or as party appetizers. The story on these mini vegan quiches is that I saw a non-vegan recipe for mini crustless quiches in a magazine and wanted to try using silken tofu. Details: So much healthier for you and easy to make! Can also use with your favorite salads or use as a dip for fresh Nutrition.