An Easy and Healthy Tofu Gratin. These vegetarian tofu recipes are a great alternative to the same old tofu recipes you might be turning to over and over again. It's easy to become more plant-based when there are tofu recipes for literally every meal of the day, dessert included (can a steak do that?). Here is how you cook it.
Steps to make An Easy and Healthy Tofu Gratin. If a vegetable needs preparation, do so by boiling, microwaving etc. This recipe is the combination of tofu, seafood mix and cheese, all in one pan. You can have An Easy and Healthy Tofu Gratin using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of An Easy and Healthy Tofu Gratin
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- Prepare of Silken tofu.
- It’s of Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Miso.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Grated cheese.
- It’s of Additions:.
- It’s of anything that you have at hand Kabocha squash, sweet potato, lotus root, broccoli, asparagus, spinach or any of your favorite vegetables.
You don't taste too much of tofu (some might not even notice it's tofu!) but you will be surprised how well tofu goes with creamy taste and cheese. No, tofu will not cause cancer. In fact, tofu, a soy-based meat replacement, can be part of a healthy weight loss diet. The benefit of cooking with tofu is that tofu is a very mild protein, and it takes on whatever flavors it's paired with, making it a versatile ingredient.
An Easy and Healthy Tofu Gratin step by step
- If a vegetable needs preparation, do so by boiling, microwaving etc….
- Wrap the tofu with paper towels, put it on a heat-proof plate uncovered, and microwave at 600 W for about 2 minutes to remove excess water..
- Add mayonnaise and miso to the tofu and mix until smooth..
- Adjust the taste of the tofu mixture from Step 3 with salt and pepper..
- Pour the sauce from Step 4 onto the vegetables you prepared in Step 1. Sprinkle some grated cheese, and bake in the toaster oven for 5-6 minutes or until the top becomes golden..
- It is also great if you add some pizza cheese on top and bake in the toaster oven in Step 5..
An excellent source of amino acids, iron, calcium and other micronutrients, tofu is a versatile ingredient with many health benefits. Tofu gets a bad rap for its mild flavor, but when it's prepared correctly it can stand up to any protein at the dinner table. From pad thai to stir fry, these easy tofu recipes will have you skipping the meaty mains for good. Today's post is a a healthy dish – TOFU. Tofu can be prepared in many ways, including soups, meats, salads and desserts including Cheese Tofu, Tofu Tiramisu, Tofu Chiffon cake and many more.