Simple, healthy breakfast hash. Saute potatoes in coconut oil on medium high heat until lightly browned. Breakfast hash is one of my favorite meals because of its versatility and the variety it lends your diet. Toss in a few veggies here and there – and make.
Red bell peppers are full of healthy ingredients that make them well worth your morning breakfast. The low in calorie bell pepper is full of vitamin C, which is responsible. This Healthy Breakfast Hash recipe really came up on a random weekend when we were trying to figure out we'd like for brunch. You can cook Simple, healthy breakfast hash using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple, healthy breakfast hash
- You need of egg (or two egg whites).
- You need of small potato.
- Prepare of green onion.
- You need of chopped green pepper.
- Prepare of cubed cheese.
- It’s of chopped white onion.
- You need of coconut oil.
- You need of hot sauce.
We were wishing for something more than just scrambled eggs or an omelet. I knew we had a few peppers and potatoes in the pantry, and decided to put them together for. If you're looking for healthy breakfast ideas, we've got you covered! With sweet, savory, easy & make-ahead options, we have breakfast recipes for everyone.
Simple, healthy breakfast hash step by step
- Saute potatoes in coconut oil on medium high heat until lightly browned (coconut oil is preferable to olive oil because it has a higher smoke point which reduces potentially harmful chemical reactions).
- Reduce heat to medium and add white onion and peppers. Saute until soft..
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook until melted..
- Crack egg over veggies in skillet and cover with lid. This will let you have a fried egg and a hash in one!.
- Transfer to plate and top with green onions and hot sauce. Hot sauce is a great alternative to salt. I prefer a green chili hot sauce for eggs..
- Tip! If you put store bought green onions in water they continue to grow!.
All of these recipes are simple, made with good-for-you ingredients that combine to make delicious, nutritious morning treats. Find healthy, delicious breakfast hash recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. Whip up this simple, tasty omelet on those nights when it seems the refrigerator is bare. Frozen hash browns are perfect for such occasions–just look for a brand with little or no fat. Hey guys, I made a healthy breakfast Hash for dinner with Chorizo, kale, potatoes, onions, avocado and eggs.