Easy Healthy Apple Pie. So for this ultimate healthy apple pie, that's what you're going to do! You'll work the butter into the flour, and I highly recommend using a pastry cutter (like this!) to do that. It makes the process a lot easier than two knives or the back of a fork!
Not weighed down by butter and sugar, the apples in this pie really shine. The following healthy apple pie recipe relies on naturally sweet apples and cinnamon for sweetness, and you have the option of using stevia if you want to cut back. Find healthy, delicious apple pie recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. You can cook Easy Healthy Apple Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Healthy Apple Pie
- It’s of apples maybe more.
- It’s of sugar or brown sugar.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
- It’s of pie crust (2sheets).
- You need of ♡1 egg york.
- It’s of ♡2tbsp sugar.
- Prepare of ♡100cc milk or soy milk.
- It’s of ♡1 tbsp flour.
- It’s of cinnamon stick or powder if you like.
- It’s of vanilla extract if you like.
- It’s of egg for buttering.
Grab your box of puff pastry for these easy and delicious apple pie bars. Peel apples an take off seeds. An apple pie made with healthy ingredients should be healthy enough if eaten in moderation. A flaky crust will require shortening of some sort, there are actually some good ones.
Easy Healthy Apple Pie instructions
- Peel apples an take off seeds. Cut small peace slices..
- Put all the apple into the pan add sugar and Lemon juice. And heated with medium heat. About 15 minutes until all liquid are gone. If you like add cinnamon in here. (My kids doesn't like cinnamon I didn't add in this time.).
- While making Apple filling in the pat, making custard cream..
- Making custard cream is very easy. Put egg york into microwavable bowl and mix well..
- Then add ♡milk ♡sugar mix well add flour and mix. Microwave it for 30 second first and take it out mix it. Then put it back to microwave for another 20seconds..
- After microwave take it out mix well..
- Preheat the oven for 400 F. Prepare for pie baking pan with sply oil..
- Put one pie crust pie pan. Then pour custard cream ⑥ into the pie crust. After that pour apple fillings ②.
- Cut about half inch each for another pie crust. Then put it on the ⑧..
- Brush the pie with beaten egg..
- Put it in the preheat 400F oven for 30minutes. Until light golden brown. If it need more color put another 5-10 min. Cool it down before you cut the pie..
- Cut when it cool down..
If you don't mind a "sandy" crust you can use oil. You need some kind of sugar to draw the juice from the apples and. This healthy apple pie recipe is easy to follow and extremely delicious. By calling it a healthy apple pie I mean healthier than regular apple pie recipes. Traditional apple pie is of course baked, but in order to make this breakfast as speedy as possible, baking takes too much time.