Healthy hariyli baigan bharta. This Baingan Bharta (Indian Eggplant) is a sure pleaser for the entire family. Roasted eggplant cooked in aromatic South Asian spices, simmered in a thick tomato-pepper sauce and garnished with tangy lemon and cilantro. If you're on the hunt for healthy desi recipes.
It is made with a mash of roasted eggplant, onions, tomatoes, herbs and spices. The eggplants are roasted or grilled on direct flame or on red hot charcoal which gives them a smoky flavor and taste. This Baingan Bharta is one of our favorite South Asian recipe. You can cook Healthy hariyli baigan bharta using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy hariyli baigan bharta
- You need of medium sized eggplants.
- You need of Spinach leaves.
- Prepare of Bathua leaves.
- It’s of medium sized onion – chopped.
- Prepare of medium sized tomato -chopped.
- You need of boiled green peas.
- Prepare of stalks of spring onion or green onions – chopped (greens and whites separated).
- Prepare of garlic grated/paste.
- Prepare of ginger grated/paste.
- You need of turmeric powder.
- It’s of red chilli powder/kashmiri chilli powder.
- It’s of coriander powder.
- It’s of cumin seeds.
- You need of garam masala (optional).
- It’s of oil.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of Coriander leaves for garnishing.
Easy, quick to prep and scrumptious, It's made by roasting eggplants With back to school right round the corner, am all about keeping it simple in the recipes department. This Baingan Bharta is one of. Simple and healthy baingan bharta, roasted eggplant curry. Healthful Pursuit provides information in respect to healthy living, recipes, nutrition, and diet and is intended for informational purposes only.
Healthy hariyli baigan bharta step by step
- Wash and blanch in water the leafy veggie and make a paste in mixie..
- Apply little oil all over the eggplant and place it on the gas stove for roasting. You can do this by directly placing it on the open flame Keep turning the eggplant after every 1 to 2 mins. It will not take more than 15 mins to roast the eggplants completely. Check if they are cooked completely by inserting a knife. If the knife goes in very easily then they are done..
- Once the eggplants are cool enough to handle, start peeling of the skin and cut of the stem. All that you will be left with will be the soft inner flesh. Roughly chop with a knife or simply use a fork to mash them and keep it aside..
- 4. Heat oil in a non stick pan, once hot add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add chopped onions and white part of green onions. Cook the onions on a medium flame till they are translucent and cooked through..
- Then add the grated ginger, garlic sweet peas and sauté for few seconds till the raw smell goes away. Add the chopped tomatoes sauté for few mins followed by adding all the spices which is turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt to taste. Cook this masala until the masalas are fragrant and tomatoes are mashed.than add leafy veggie paste sauté it.
- Now add the mashed eggplant to the masala and mix nicely. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low – medium flame for around 5- 8 mins. Open the lid and add the final ingredient that is the chopped greens of the green onions. Mix and let it cook for another 2 – 3 mins. Check and adjust salt and finish of with very little garam masala powder (optional) and switch off the flame. And finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves..
How many calories does one serving of Baingan Barta have? Baingan bharta (mashed eggplant) is a dish from the Indian subcontinent. Baingan ka bharta is a part of the cuisine of some nation states of the Indian subcontinent. Baingan Bharta, made with roasted eggplant, is a popular North Indian recipe. I love the distinct, smoky flavor that eggplant gives out, when it is roasted or grilled.