Healthy Spaghetti. Find healthy, delicious spaghetti recipes including spaghetti and meatballs, spaghetti carbonara and spaghetti bolognese Healthier recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. Taste of Home See more videos. Watch Us Make: Grilled Huli Huli Chicken.
Spaghetti is a long, thin, solid, cylindrical noodle pasta. It is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. Like other pasta dishes, spaghetti is made of milled wheat and water which is often… Spaghetti squash makes a delicious low-carb alternative to pasta or noodles. You can cook Healthy Spaghetti using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Spaghetti
- It’s of lbs. Ground turkey.
- Prepare of Basilico pasta sauce.
- Prepare of Can of diced tomatoes.
- You need of can of tomato paste.
- Prepare of diced onions.
- Prepare of each of sea salt, ground pepper, and garlic powder.
- You need of spaghetti.
- You need of red pepper flake (optional).
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning.
Check out these tasty recipes from registered dietitians. Spaghetti is a source of carbohydrates so it can be served as part of a healthy diet. Calories, Carbs, and Health Benefits of Spaghetti. Spaghetti squash is similar to cucumber.
Healthy Spaghetti instructions
- Add tbsp of olive oil to large saute pan. Add onion and let saute for 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey; season meat with salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook until brown, breaking up meat while cooking.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and pasta sauce. Season sauce mix with above seasonings plus Italian seasoning. Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes..
- In a large boiling pot, add 4 to 5 cups of water. Bring to a boil..
- While water is rapidly boiling, add pasta. Stir continuously so the noodles don't stick. Adding oil to pot makes the pasta slippery and prevents pasta from absorbing the sauce. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on type of pasta..
- Drain pasta and serve immediately..
- For best taste, take large spoon full of sauce and add to a hot pan. Add pasta to sauce, mix and serve..
A very healthy take on hash browns in which spaghetti squash is used in place of potatoes and coconut oil in place of butter. This healthy spaghetti sauce is a mild tomato based pasta sauce. It's an excellent pantry staple that you can use for a wide range of different recipes, including of course, spaghetti! Given the plethora of spaghetti sauce brands in the supermarket, we sifted the best from the worst Not only do each of these spaghetti sauce brands contain added sugar—some with more than a bowl. Healthy spaghetti squash recipes ~ Spaghetti squash is a super-healthy, extremely versatile vegetable that makes low-carb super satisfying!