Roast Lamb with Potatoes.
You can have Roast Lamb with Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast Lamb with Potatoes
- Prepare 1 kg of lamb shoulder or leg.
- It’s 1 kg of small potatoes.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, sliced.
- Prepare 80 ml of olive oil.
- You need of Juice of 1 to t and 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need to taste of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 200 ml of white wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of pimento paste.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of annatto powder (optional).
- It’s 3 of small or medium onions, cut into quarters.
Roast Lamb with Potatoes instructions
- In a small bowl mix well the annatto powder, pimento paste, salt, lemon juice, garlic and bay leaves..
- Next place the lamb in an oven proof dish and pour the marinade over it. Rub the marinade well all over the lamb. Allow to marinade in fridge for 4 hours, preferably overnight..
- Preheat oven to 180c..
- Peel the potatoes and cut into bite size chunks. Add to the oven dish with the lamb. Next add the onions. Finally, drizzle over the olive oil and white wine. Cover with lid and roast for approximately one hour (I used a thermometer). Once in a while baste with the juices..
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes when removed from the oven..
Originally posted 2020-09-15 13:56:11.