Healthy Baked Veggie Eggrolls. Once the veggies are cool, place one eggroll wrapper like a diamond on a clean dry surface. Take one tablespoon of the cooked cabbage mixture and Spray a nice even coating of oil on the eggrolls and place in a preheated oven. Today is another day of healthy recipe.
This veggie egg roll recipe is great for vegetarians & meat-eaters alike! Baking your egg rolls in the oven is a healthy and easy alternative to deep frying. If you love veggie eggrolls, but are looking for a healthier way to prepare them, rather than deep frying, I have just the recipe for you. You can have Healthy Baked Veggie Eggrolls using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Baked Veggie Eggrolls
- You need of sliced black fungus.
- Prepare of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of grated carrot.
- It’s of sliced snow peas.
- It’s of bean sprouts.
- Prepare of bean thread noodles.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of low-sodium soy sauce.
- You need of sesame il.
- You need of inched garlic.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- You need of cornstarch.
- It’s of cold water.
- Prepare of egg roll wrappers.
- You need of Preparation.
- Prepare of Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare of Soak black fungus for 30 minutes and slice them into thin strips.
- You need of the snow peas into thin strips.
- You need of Soak bean thread noodles in the water for 10 minutes, cut into half, and set aside.
- It’s of Wash the bean sprouts snap off the stringy tail, set them aside.
Have you ever tasted baked eggrolls? Well, I baked mine, and everyone just loved them. Lots of flavor in the filling. These Baked Veggie Egg Rolls are healthy and delicious!
Healthy Baked Veggie Eggrolls instructions
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp live oil. When hot, add garlic, carrots, and snow peas, cook just until they start to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the cabbage, bean sprouts, and black fungus. Cook just until the cabbage starts to soften and cook down slightly for about 3 more minutes.
- Add bean thread noodles and stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and salt; turn off the heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and cold water. Add into the skillet and stir. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens, about 1 minute..
- Have a small bowl of cold water at the ready and then do the following: Lay your wrapper in a diamond shape. Add 2-3 tbsp of filling to the middle of the wrapper. Fold the bottom up around the filling and snugly tuck it in. Dip you finger in the water and moisten the remaining three corners of the wrapper. Fold in the left and right corners then roll up the egg roll and secure the top. The water on the wrapper is what keeps it closed.
- Lay the wrapped egg roll seam side down onto your prepared baking sheet. When all your egg rolls are wrapped, brush with the remaining tbsp of olive oil (you can also spray them with olive oil spray). Bake, flipping once halfway through, until golden brown 15- 20 minutes.
They make a perfect appetizer for your next party or gathering and you don't have to feel guilty about eating them! Place a few Tablespoons of mixture in the middle of each egg roll wrapper, fold in the sides and roll up. Top veggie eggroll recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. crispy baked eggrolls. takes a bit of time but so good you wont notice its low-calorie. you can omit the brocolli slaw without any real change in flavor/ texture. the cole slaw was just. Takeout-Style Veggie Egg Rolls. featured in Quicker Than Delivery Egg Rolls. To quicken the prep I used pre-bagged coleslaw mix.