Roasted Leg of lamb with herbs and mushrooms.
You can cook Roasted Leg of lamb with herbs and mushrooms using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Leg of lamb with herbs and mushrooms
- Prepare of leg lamb Whole of.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Spinach , finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Mushrooms , finely chopped.
- It’s 4 of Cardamom.
- You need 1 Clove of Garlic , finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 of Cloves.
- You need 1 of Mace.
- It’s 1 of Garlic Whole.
- It’s 10 of Cashew Nuts.
- Prepare 10 of Almonds.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Basil Leaves , dried.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Oregano , dried.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Mint leaves.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Pepper , freshly ground.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Turmeric.
- It’s To Taste of Salt.
Roasted Leg of lamb with herbs and mushrooms instructions
- Wash the meat and pat it dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle salt,pepper and turmeric on top of the meat and rub it nicely all over the meat. Keep it aside..
- In a frying pan, add chopped spinach and mushroom with salt and cook it till the water evaporates..
- Finely chop cardamom, cloves, cashews, almonds, mace, mint leaves, clove of garlic using a food processor. Add this chopped mixture on to cooked mushroom and spinach and mix well..
- Place the meat on a chopping board and spread the prepared mixture on top of it. Sprinkle dried basil and oregano and then top that with thin slices of butter..
- Now roll the meat carefully so that the filling should not fall apart. You can use toothpicks to hold the roll,so that it's easy to tie. Now using a kitchen thread tie the roll nicely. Remove the toothpicks after tying..
- Wrap it with an aluminium foil. Refrigerate the wrapped meat,overnight..
- Pre heat oven to 375 degree F..
- Remove foil and place it in a cast iron skillet or a stovetop and oven safe pan..
- Cut the garlic in to two halves and put it in the pan and a slice of butter..
- Keep the pan on top of stove and pan sear the meat for 5 to 10 mins and then place the pan inside the pre heated oven. Bake it for an hour..
- Wait for 10 minutes to cool it down, and then make thick slices and serve with salad..