Shukto(Healthy mixed veg with lentil dumplings). Shukto Bengali recipe or Traditional Bengali Shukto Recipe / শুক্ত- this is very popular niramish Mix veg curry in Bengal. Bengali food is always famous for. Shukto is a aunthentic Bengali dish.
It's little bitter due to bitter gourd or Raw banana for cooking is a different variety than that for eating. Its a dumpling made with spices, boiled. Mixed vegetables in one dish, such a delicious and healthy dish. You can cook Shukto(Healthy mixed veg with lentil dumplings) using 25 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shukto(Healthy mixed veg with lentil dumplings)
- Prepare of raw bananas chopped.
- You need of raw papaya chopped.
- Prepare of small brinjal chopped.
- Prepare of flat beans chopped.
- Prepare of urad or matar dal dumplings (bori).
- Prepare of bitter gourd (karela) sliced.
- You need of ginger paste.
- You need of mustard paste.
- It’s of poppy seed paste.
- You need of Dry roast.
- You need of Mustard seeds.
- It’s of Fennel seeds.
- Prepare of Fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare of dry red chillies.
- You need of paanch phoron or.
- Prepare of mustard.
- It’s of methi.
- You need of radhuni.
- Prepare of hing.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of mustard oil.
- Prepare of ghee.
- You need of scraped coconut.
- It’s of salt and sugar.
Shukto was my Babas favourite dish and mom used to frequently make it in summers , your recipe sounds so similar to my moms version, but my mother in law has her different version of the same dish, loved your detailed recipe. Today I am introducing Shukto, one of the most popular dish in Bengali cuisine. It's a fresh vegetable curry, slight bitter in taste, cooked in mustard paste. Main ingredients are raw Banana (Plantain), eggplant and bitter gourd.
Shukto(Healthy mixed veg with lentil dumplings) step by step
- There are options of adding other seasonal vegetables like sweet potato,drumsticks, radish etc..
- Dry roast mustard,fennel and methi and dry grind it and store.1 dry red chilli may also be roasted and ground.Heat oil and fry the dumplings and set aside.Also fry the bitter gourd in little oil and set aside.Heat more oil and stir fry all vegetables separately..
- Sprinkle methi, mustard, radhuni and 1 broken red chilli.When they splutter add hing.Now pour all fried vegetables except brinjal and bitter gourd.Toss and add water.Add salt and sugar to taste.Boil till cooked.Add ginger paste,then mustard and poppy seed paste.Add coconut and 2 tbsp milk.Now add the bitter gourd and brinjal and the dumplings and boil few minutes.When done sprinkle dry roasted masala and 1 tbsp ghee.Serve as first course meal with rice.Other items follow after serving shukto..
Shukto is a mixed vegetable stew which plays around with sweet, savoury and bitter taste. My question is, are there other names for so of the vegetables? Course: Festival Cooking, Healthy Foods, Lunch, Main Course. Keyword: Festive Cooking, Suktho, Vegetable Stew. I'd love to try out this Dudh Shukto some time.