Healthy Veg Momos. Most of non-veg momos usually contain chicken pieces, veg momos contain cabbage, carrots and onion. How healthy is it to eat momos? Most of us think they are healthy, particularly if not fried.
Whole wheat momos recipe / healthy veg momos. Wheat momos recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Veg Momos or vegetarian dumplings are steamed dumplings stuffed with vegetable. You can cook Healthy Veg Momos using 26 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Veg Momos
- It’s of dough:-.
- You need of wheat flour.
- It’s of water to make a dough.
- You need of salt or little less.
- You need of oil.
- It’s of Momos stuffing:.
- You need of Finely chopped cabbage -.
- Prepare of Finely chopped Carrot -.
- It’s of Finely chopped green bell pepper -.
- You need of Finely chopped onion.
- Prepare of Finely chopped garlic -.
- Prepare of Finely chopped ginger -.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Pepper (black) and Red chilli flakes.
- You need of Soya sauce.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of dip:.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- You need of Tomato sauce.
- You need of Vinegar.
- You need of Roasted sesame seeds.
- You need of Chilli flakes.
- It’s of Green chilli chopped.
- Prepare of ingredients:.
- Prepare of chopped green onion for garnishing.
Momo dumpling has a very delicate steamed covering which holds stuffed vegetables inside. Momos are served hot with momo chutney (dip). Momo chutney is a spicy sauce made with red Healthy & tasty steamed veg momos recipe. Tastes delicious when served hot with spicy momo.
Healthy Veg Momos instructions
- PREPARiNG THE OUTER COVER OR DOUGH:- Take the wheat flour, salt, oil in a large bowl and mix it and add water, knead to a firm dough cover the dough and keep aside for 25 – 30 mins..
- FOR MOMOS STUFFING:- Finely grated carrot,finely chopped cabbage and green bell pepper, onion, then heat oil in a pan (heavy bottom)add chopped garlic, ginger. saute for 2 mins,add all the finely chopped vegetables,increase the flame and stir fry the all veggies on a medium to high flame.Saute for 2 to 3 mins,then add soy sauce salt, pepper and red chilli flakes continue fry on a medium to high flame for 2 to 3 mins turn off the flame.Let the mixture cool down..
- SHAPING THE MOMOS:- Roll the dough thin and cut into circle using a cookies cutter,take a circle roti, then wet edges and place some stuffing in center and bring edges together like a sweet gujiya and start folding and forming the pleats one by one toward the ends like samosa and prepare all momos this way untill you r ready to steam them. Steam for about 15 mins and serve momos with spicy soy & chilli vinegar dip..
- For dip:- Take a bowl.Mix all ingredients.Now dip is ready. Enjoy with Momos..
Easy Tibetan Momos Recipe: These dumplings are packed with healthy veggies like carrots and cabbage sauteed with onion, garlic, soya sauce. Momo is my favourite food and I have lots of special good as well as bad memories associated with it. One of the bad memories takes me to one of the famous restaurants of Kathmandu which serves both. veg momos recipe, momos ki recipe, momos banane ki recipe with step by step photo/video. healthy snack recipe inherited from the traditional nepali cuisine. This veg momos can be prepared in various methods i.e. by steaming, frying or baking. veg momos, how to make veg momos recipe, healthy, healthy eating, recipes, recipe, healthy recipes. Steamed Veg momos is a popular recipe of Tibet, Bhutan and Nepal.