Healthy Veg Mughlai paratha. .veg mughlai paratha bengali recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. each paratha recipe is very unique with its stuffing or perhaps the way it is cooked and fried. moreover each region and location in india has its own variation and native to its cuisine. mughlai paratha recipe is one such. Healthy Veg Mughlai paratha. whole wheat flour•Salt•oil•Water to form the dough•Finely chopped veggies, here I have used: capsicum, onions, cauliflower, French beans, carrots, •medium size potatoes- boiled and grated•Dry masala: red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin. Veg Mughlai Paratha Recipe is a paratha where crumbled paneer tossed with veggies is cooked in ground spices and filled with eggs in Indian Flat Bread to shape a thick fat square packet and served with tangy mint and coriander chutney.
Nevertheless, it is a classic dish that comes from the delicious and flavored Bengali cuisine. Like other paratha recipes, it is served during lunch and dinner and is preferred with any type of curry. A huge variety of plain or stuffed parathas are being made in India but the most common is «Aloo Parantha » Veg Parantha is a healthy breakfast option where only vegetable juices are used to knead the dough(no water is used). You can have Healthy Veg Mughlai paratha using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Veg Mughlai paratha
- It’s of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of oil.
- Prepare of Water to form the dough.
- Prepare of Finely chopped veggies, here I have used: capsicum, onions, cauliflower, French beans, carrots,.
- You need of fresh coriander leaves.
- It’s of medium size potatoes- boiled and grated.
- It’s of Dry masala: red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, salt.
- It’s of Finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- It’s of oil.
Mughlai paratha is a popular Bengali street food from Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Traditionally, Mughlai Paratha has a stuffing of minced chicken or mutton, but I used vegetables so that it will be suitable for vegetarians. You can use any of your favorite vegetables. Mughlai paratha is a famous Bengali paratha which is served as a delicacy for the breakfast.
Healthy Veg Mughlai paratha instructions
- For dough: Take whole wheat flour in a bowl, add salt, oil and water as required to knead a smooth dough. Cover and rest for 15mins..
- Chop the veggies finely. Heat oil in a pan add ginger, garlic and green chillies. Sauté until rawness is gone. Add the veggies, and salt to taste. Mix well. Cover and cook for 5mins. Then add all the dry masalas. Mix well..
- Add chopped coriander leaves, and boiled grated potatoes. Mix well. Transfer to a plate and let it come to room temperature..
- Now make parathas form the dough and roast them on both the sides for 2-3 secs or until bubbles are seen..
- Now take one paratha, add the stuffing and fold like envelopes..
- Shallow fry these parathas in oil, ghee or butter until crisp..
- Serveeee hot, with ketchup or mint chutney.
This Indian recipe is enjoyed throughout the country. You can find Mughlai paratha in Kolkata as a famous street food. The best thing is that you can learn how to make it at home no matter where you live. Mughlai paratha is a popular paratha recipe from bengali cuisine. The key to making tasty veg mughlai paratha at home are: Originally mughlai paratha dough was made with maida for the flaky texture of paratha but to make it healthier I use half of the wheat flour with half of maida.