Oatmeal Stuffed Baked Apples by Angela Liddon, Healthy Vegetarian Vegan Treat. Angela Liddon. · I share healthy, but decadent tasting, vegan recipes made from whole foods. Check out my blog, www.ohsheglows.com, for hundreds of allergy-friendly These festive bites have all the flavours of traditional stuffing, but they're #vegan, protein-packed, bite-sized, and gluten-free as well! Now, a little note about baked apples.
Angela's passion for healthy vegan food is contagious and she's eager to show others that vegan (and often gluten-free) food can blow your taste buds away. Though I own a wealth of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks; I have found myself in a bit of a rut the last few. A few vegetarian cookbooks I own that I recommend and focus primarily on meals that don't replicate meat are Way to Cook Vegetarian by Cooking Light. You can have Oatmeal Stuffed Baked Apples by Angela Liddon, Healthy Vegetarian Vegan Treat using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Stuffed Baked Apples by Angela Liddon, Healthy Vegetarian Vegan Treat
- You need of firm apples (honeycrisp recommended).
- It’s of cinnamon pecan date oatmeal.
- Prepare of rolled oats.
- Prepare of Medjool dates (pitted).
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- Prepare of chia seeds or ground flax (optional).
- Prepare of pecans (chopped).
- It’s of almond milk.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of maple syrup (and more for garnish).
Quick and easy baked apples with a buttery oatmeal filling are a great dessert to prepare in the fall after apple-picking. If you're craving a sweet fall treat, look no further than these apple crumble recipes. Crumbles get their name because the fruit filling is typically covered with a crumbly mix of. Stuffed Baked Apples by Angela Liddon, Healthy Vegetarian Vegan Treat – vegetarian portabello mushroom burgers – Vegetarian Burritos – Vegetarian Fettuccine – Vegetarian Ceviche Salad – Ceviche De Verduras – Vegetarian Khorma – Vegetarian Veggie Broth – Vegetarian pasta casserole.
Oatmeal Stuffed Baked Apples by Angela Liddon, Healthy Vegetarian Vegan Treat instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Wash and core apples with the hole about an inch in diameter..
- Put apples in a lightly oiled and rimmed baking dish..
- Whisk all the ingredients for the oatmeal in a mixing bowl..
- Lightly pat down oatmeal into the apples as stuffing and pour all the leftovers from the bowl into the dish surrounding the apples..
- Bake for 35-50 minutes depending on how soft you want the apples. Test for texture by poking the apples with a knife..
- Serve hot or cold and add toppings such as a drizzle of maple syrup, apple butter, whipped cream, or ice cream..
Liddon became a vegan after overcoming an eating disorder, and she's all about plant-based eating. As fans of the Oh She Glows website and blog already know, Angela Liddon focuses her culinary efforts on plant-based, healthy whole foods, free of chemicals and additives. Get your glow on with these healthy, energizing recipes! I'm the writer, photographer, and vegan recipe Angela Liddon. Healthy Vegan Recipes by Oh She Glows.