Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious!. These red lentil burger patties are ready in no time! I received tons of compliments for them even from my I know there are tons of red lentil veggie burger patties recipes out there, but if you want the This is a delicious vegetarian recipe for lentil veggie burger patties, with vegan version too! To Make the Kale Pesto This is a vegan meal that is delicious and complete.
The patty itself contains two different types of onion and garlic. The consistency is also on the softer side so I decided to balance that out by skipping some classical burger garnishes like onions and. Make your own healthy spin on classic burgers! You can have Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious!
- It’s of red lentils (small, a deep coral color).
- It’s of red quinoa.
- You need of cooked brown rice, optional.
- It’s of small purple onion.
- You need of garlic.
- Prepare of parsley, leaves only.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of almond butter, optional.
- Prepare of raw tahini (sesame seed butter), optional.
- It’s of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s of vegetable oil for frying.
Optional Toppers: Whole wheat pita rounds, red pepper jelly, mixed baby greens and sauteed sliced sweet miniature. Here are our most popular veggie burger recipes, according to readers. No need to buy pre-made and fat-loaded patties when you can sit down to a healthy and Most recipes are vegan, and some are vegetarian. Use mushrooms, soy proteins, legumes or.
Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! instructions
- The day before: Rinse lentils well, place in a bowl or jar, cover with water to twice the height of the lentils and leave to soak for 12-24 hours. In a pinch: boil a pot of water, remove from heat and add lentils. Soak for 30-45 mins and continue with recipe..
- Note about optional ingredients: The rice makes the patties slightly fluffier, the nut and seed butters make them moist and add nutrition..
- Prepare rice and quinoa. I like to make a large amount for a meal the day before and put aside enough for the patties..
- Quinoa: Rinse well and leave to soak (optional) for 30 mins up to 4 hours. Drain, place in small pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover and leave to simmer for 15 mins. Fluff with a fork and leave uncovered for another 5 mins..
- Rice: Rinse well. Place in pot with 3 times the amount of water (for example, 1.5 c water for 1/2 c of rice). Bring to a boil, turn down heat to very low and leave covered to simmer for 45 mins. Remove from heat and leave covered another 5 mins..
- Drain lentils. Place them in food processor (or bowl for stick blender) with onion, garlic, parsley, olive oil, almond butter, sesame butter and seasoning. Blend until mixture becomes a pasty batter. You can stop a little sooner for more texture..
- Add rice and quinoa to the mixture and check seasoning. Frying makes the patties bland, so the seasoning should taste a little too strong..
- Heat oil in skillet. Spoon out or shape patties with your hands and gently place in oil. Fry both sides until lightly browned, about 3 mins per side..
- Yields 8 burger-style patties or 12-16 smaller patties..
- I have successfully frozen the mix, thawed it in the fridge overnight and prepared patties from it..
These are the healthiest veggie burgers (and best veggie burger brands) you can buy, according Thanks to continued interest in plant-based and vegan eating, veggie burgers are easier to find Plus, certain brands fortify their patties with essential nutrients typically found in meat (like vitamin. Chickpea Vegetable Patties are vegan, nut-free and protein-rich round patties made with colourful vegetables, chickpeas, blend of spices and herbs. Get Vegan Lentil Burgers Recipe from Food Network. These burgers are packed with flavor, fiber and protein while still being low in fat. This wonderful veggie burger is served on a bed of lettuce with tomato and a nice dollop of "Govindas Homemade Mayonnaise".