Roast leg of Lamb. Roasting Times (this cook method is pretty forgiving so round up to. Have you ever roasted a leg of lamb? It may sound intimidating, but the sweet little secret is that leg of lamb is actually one of the easiest, most foolproof A bone-in leg of lamb always surprises me with how easy it is to roast.
It's easy & fool-proof, even for you first-timers! If you haven't cooked a leg of lamb before, don't be intimidated. Carve and serve with the roast potatoes, mint sauce and some seasonal greens. You can have Roast leg of Lamb using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast leg of Lamb
- Prepare 1.5 kg of leg of lamb (bone in).
- You need of Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh rosemary finely chopped.
- You need 250 g of streaky bacon.
- It’s 2 of red onions.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 500 ml of red wine.
- You need 200 ml of water.
If you want to make Rosemary and Garlic Roast Leg of Lamb for Easter or any special day I got you covered! I'll show you how to prep a boneless leg of lamb. Leg of lamb is a popular holiday dish to serve at Passover and Easter, but it's so simple to make that it needn't be reserved for a special occasion. The trickiest part isn't roasting the lamb, but picking out a good-quality cut.
Roast leg of Lamb instructions
- Drizzle some oil in a pan or griddle pan, salt and pepper the joint and seal on the pan on all sides.
- Place in a roasting tray with a lib (you can use foil to cover if you don’t have a lid) and sprinkle the rosemary and thyme.
- Cover with the streaky bacon. (I used normal bacon as didn’t have streaky in the fridge..
- Add the onions (cut into wedges) and the bay leaves and the water and wine. Cover and cook in a preheated oven of 160’C for 3hours..
- Serve with your choice of accompaniments. My potatoes were added to the cooking tray at the same time as the onions, if you wanted the same..
After that, you simply cover the meat in spices, roast it, and slice it to serve. Cooking peeled potatoes in the pan around the roast is especially delicious. The only other things you need are gravy made from the pan drippings and a fresh vegetable and you'll have a wonderful festive meal. Place the lamb in a roasting tin, cover loosely with foil and place in the preheated oven. As it heats up, the butter will melt and help the rosemary and garlic to work their way into the holes and really penetrate the lamb.