Healthy masala oats upma. Watch how to make delicious masala upma with Anushruti. Rolled oats are best to make oats upma as they do not turn mushy. However you can also use instant oats by dry roasting them well.
Many people do not like to have chilled or sweet dish in breakfast. Sometimes I boiled ready to eat saffola masala oats, but it still did not come anywhere close to the deliciousness of Maggie noodles. If you like your oats to be of the regular sooji upma consistency, reduce the quantity of water you add according to your preference. You can have Healthy masala oats upma using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy masala oats upma
- You need of quick cooking rolled oats.
- It’s of oil or olive oil.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
- It’s of mustard seeds.
- You need of tomato puree.
- You need of curry leaves.
- You need of whole dry Kashmiri red chilli broken into pieces.
- You need of green chillies.
- Prepare of finely chopped onions.
- You need of finellly chopped carrot.
- It’s of green peas.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
Masala oats, if prepared at home, is good for health. But if you mean the packets which are sold Oats is very rich in fibre and antioxidants, which is why its definitely a healthy breakfast option. These millets can be made into a breakfast porridge or into upma. For those who like pancakes, millet.
Healthy masala oats upma instructions
- To make oats upma heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a pan and the oats and ½ tsp of turmeric powder and saute on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour stirring occasionally. Keep aside..
- He the remaining 2 tsp of olive oil in Pan and add the mustard seeds..
- When the seeds crackle,add the curry leaves, red chilli and green chillies and saute on a medium flame for 1 minutes.
- Add the onion and saute on medium flame for 1 minute or until the onion translucent..
- Add the carrots and green peas and saute on medium flame for 2 minutes..
- Add the oats mixture, sugar salt and remaining ½ tsp of turmeric powder mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minut stringing continuously..
- Add ½ cups of hot water cover and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes stringing occasionally..
- Serve oats upma immediately garnished with coriander..
Oats are considered one of the healthiest grains available today. Excellent for weight loss, they also have numerous other health benefits such as they help Today I am going to give you another upma recipe, which is also very tasty & nutritious breakfast dish. It is also famously known as masala oats. Even the advertisement of masala oats says " tukdo pe jeena chhodo". Oats can be made innovatively by making changes in either the types of vegetables used or the masala added for cooking.