Quick and healthy oven chips. Place cut potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. My oven-baked chips recipe (or fries depending on where you're from :-P) was requested by my Instagram followers so I thought I'd share it! My recipe is also super easy (like seriously the easiest chips recipe ever) and very quick to make!
In fact, some oven chips can be fattier than traditionally fried chips, and many have high levels of saturates and salt – the enemies of a healthy heart. When cool enough to handle, tip them onto a baking tray and drizzle over the oil. They are such a healthy and tasty way to enjoy vegetables as a snack. You can have Quick and healthy oven chips using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick and healthy oven chips
- Prepare of large potatoes peeled and cut into chip shapes – irregular shapes are fine.
- Prepare of Olive oil – just enough to lightly coat the chips.
- You need of mixed herbs.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
This three-ingredient recipe for paleo zucchini chips is one of my favorite ways to use zucchini. Healthiest oven chips: Strong Roots Proper Chips. Best classic oven chip: Co-op Irresistible Chips. These classic golden oven chips are made with sunflower oil and are naturally gluten free.
Quick and healthy oven chips instructions
- Heat oven to 200 degrees centigrade. Place cut potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Once boiling cook for 3 minutes maximum..
- Drain and put the chips straight into a bowl of cold water (I add ice cubes to lower the temperature quickly).
- Drain again and remove any excess water with paper towels or a clean tea towel..
- Place on an oven tray, toss in olive oil and mixed herb and and a sprinkle of salt and pepper..
- Cook for about 20 minutes until light golden brown. Enjoy!.
Some of the smaller ones cooked quicker than others, so expect a few crunchy surprises. I'll be the first to admit that I have a bag of frozen chips in in my freezer right now. It's a handy freezer staple that I won't hesitate to use. However, I always feel just a little bit more angelic when I make chips at home. And this recipe makes lovely CRISPY chips.