Moist and Healthy Poached Chicken. I feel like poached chicken is a life skill that everyone should know. Plain, boneless, skinless chicken breasts poached in lightly-salted water are a moist, tender Boneless, skinless, perfectly poached chicken breasts are about as healthy as any food could be. No fat is used in the cooking process, and the chicken gets plenty of moistness from its gentle.
When sliced, this chicken is also a great add-in to any leafy green lunch salad The low temperature and moist-heat cooking method cooks the chicken gently and prevents it from overcooking too quickly. We've got healthy versions of your favorites (lightened up chicken parm, anyone?), plus salads, lettuce wraps, skillet dinners, and more. Delish editors handpick every product we feature. You can cook Moist and Healthy Poached Chicken using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moist and Healthy Poached Chicken
- It’s of Chicken breasts.
- It’s of pieces Chicken tenders.
- You need of ☆Salt.
- You need of ☆Sugar.
- Prepare of ☆Sake.
- It’s of ☆Ginger.
- You need of ☆Garlic.
- You need of ☆Lemon.
- You need of Lettuce or looseleaf lettuce.
- It’s of Egoma leaves (similar to shiso leaves).
- You need of Ssamjang sauce.
- You need of Gochujang.
- It’s of Miso.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of each Sesame seeds, sesame oil.
- Prepare of Green onions (finely chopped).
Poached chicken breasts make for tender, succulent chicken that you can use in a variety of recipes, such as soup, pot pie, or burritos. Poaching is a moist cooking technique that works especially well for chicken breasts. Instead of boiling, poached chicken is very gently simmered in liquid (like water. Wide, thin slices of poached chicken breast make excellent sandwich stackers.
Moist and Healthy Poached Chicken step by step
- Put the chicken and the ★ ingredients in a resealable plastic bag, and massage the chicken lightly over the bag so that the salt and sugar are rubbed into it. The sugar will make the chicken glossy..
- Leave the chicken to marinate overnight, or up to 2 days, in the refrigerator. Once you get to this point, just cook the chicken when it's convenient for you..
- Tips for poaching the chicken: Use a large pan that retains heat well, with a lid. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator in advance to have it close to room temperature..
- Add the ginger, garlic and lemon with the chicken to the pan. Add the water and the chicken together to the pan and start heating..
- If you let the chicken simmer it will get dried out! Once the water comes to a boil, turn the heat off right away, cover with a lid and leave the pan until it's cooled down..
- You can eat the chicken right away, or rest it overnight in the refrigerator and just slice and eat the next day if you're busy. The easiest thing to do is to slice the chicken while it's cold and to microwave..
- In our house we like to eat it the Korean way with ssamjang sauce, wrapped up with vegetables! Or you can use it for bang bang chicken too..
- Shred up any leftovers and store in the refrigerator. Add to salads the next day or serve with lots of chopped green onion and ponzu sauce..
- This is the poaching liquid for 2 chicken breasts. Chill it in the refrigerator overnight and the fat can be removed easily. If you use chicken thighs, there will be more fat ..
- Julienne some silken tofu and add it with lots of vegetables and mushrooms to the poaching liquid and cook. Add some beaten egg to finish, and you'll have a delicious soup..
- Season with salt or soy sauce, or in any way you like. Add a little pepper. If you add dadaegi and lemon juice, you'll have an Asian fusion soup..
Layer them with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and mayo on your favorite bread and you're ready to go. Or shred the chicken, sprinkle it over a and stack it with some cheese between tortillas and melt it briefly in a hot. Poached chicken is a great option for easy, healthy, and tender chicken, with no cooking oil needed. But you'd be surprised at how this gentle, gradual heat can produce moist and delectable chicken, like in my chicken salad and poached chicken soup recipes. Poaching chicken is quick, easy and keeps the meat moist and tender.