Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce). Gado Gado – fun to say, delicious to eat, this traditional Indonesian salad is probably the only recipe where you can put the words "blanched vegetables" and That Gado Gado peanut sauce is a miracle worker! A Bali food favourite, it's healthy and endlessly versatile. Use ANY vegetables – raw or cooked!
Aisha Nanor Martin's spicy Indonesian salad has it all; crunchy vegetables, boiled eggs, chilli peanut sauce, fresh coriander, fried tofu and a sprinkling of prawn crackers for added crunch. It's typically made with vegetables, protein (such as egg An Indonesian-inspired bowl made with brown rice, vegetables, and spicy peanut sauce. Incredibly customizable and perfect for a simple, basic yet. • Indonesian vegetable salad. You can have Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce)
- Prepare of bunch of kangkung (you can replace with spinach or).
- It’s of sprouts.
- It’s of Cabbage.
- You need of Cucumber.
- Prepare of tofu.
- Prepare of Lime juice.
- Prepare of palm sugar.
- Prepare of peanuts.
- It’s of chillies.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of Egg(s).
- You need of Water.
I used my food processor to make the sauce which was very easy and turned out great. For those of you who are not familiar with some of the ingredients used in the sauce, I'm posting some photos of the key ingredients below. Gado-gado is my favorite Indonesian salad. This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu and/or tempeh cubes, and lontong (steamed rice cakes) served with spicy peanut sauce.
Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce) instructions
- Fry the peanuts untill it gets brownish.
- While frying your peanuts. Boil all your vegetables along with the egg(s). Watch it out, don't let it overcooked :D.
- After you're done with the peanuts. Fry your tofu..
- Then. The peanut sauce… You can actually grind it for tastier taste. But I was kinda lazy that I chose to blend it using blender hehe. So put together the fried peanuts, palm sugar, chillies, pinch of salt and water. And blend it untill it is mixed. For the texture, keep it not too thick nor watery. So my advice is to pour the water little by little..
- Last thing is to put them together in one plate. Mix the peanut sauce with the boiled veggies and add little more taste with the lime juice..
This article is part of the series on. Indonesia portal Food portal. v. t. e. Gado-gado (Indonesian or Betawi) is an Indonesian salad of raw, slightly boiled, blanched or steamed vegetables and hard-boiled eggs, boiled potato, fried tofu and tempeh. This delicious Indonesian salad recipe can be eaten as a first course or a main. Most of the prep work involves cutting and blanching the vegetables.