Mexican Spiced Roast Leg of Lamb.
You can cook Mexican Spiced Roast Leg of Lamb using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Spiced Roast Leg of Lamb
- It’s 1.25 kg of leg of lamb.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chili powder-or to taste.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s to taste of Salt and black pepper.
- It’s of Fresh oregano strips to garnish.
Mexican Spiced Roast Leg of Lamb step by step
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Put the leg of lamb on a large chopping board.
- Place the oregano, cumin, chili powder and 1 of the garlic cloves, crushed, into a bowl. Pour on half of the olive oil and mix well to form a paste, set the paste aside.
- Using a sharp knife, make a criss-cross pattern of fairly deep slits through the skin and just into the meat.
- Press the spice paste into the meat slips the back of a knife.
- Slice the remaining garlic clove Finlay cut each slice in half again stop push the pieces of garlic deeply into the slips the meat, this will prevent burning during roasting stop.
- Mix the vinegar and remaining oil, pour over the joints and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at the higher temperature, then reduce the 280°C and cook for a further 1 hour 15 minutes, or in longer if you like your meat well-done..
- So the man with the delicious gravy made with the spicy pan juices and garnish with fresh oregano springs press publish.