Healthy Moringa Upkari – quick and simple.
You can cook Healthy Moringa Upkari – quick and simple using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Moringa Upkari – quick and simple
- It’s 400 gms of Moringa leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of red matta /white rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of grated coconut.
- It’s As required of Salt.
- Prepare 2 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of red chilli flakes.
- It’s As required of Water.
Healthy Moringa Upkari – quick and simple step by step
- Take a pan/clay pot and dry roast the rice. When it puffs up set it aside to cool. Once cooled, pulse it coarsely in a dry mixer..
- Wash the Moringa leaves 3 to 4 times in clean water. Drain the water completely. Take the moringa leaves & turmeric powder in a pan or clay pot & set it on medium flame. Add very little salt since the moringa leaves settle down (decreae in quantity) on cooking. Sprinkle little water and stir occasionally..
- The moringa leaves will be cooked in 3 to 4 mins. Now add the rice powder and mix well. Adding rice powder is optional. But when added, it absorbs excess water and also enhaces the taste. Cook for 30 seconds & then add the grated coconut. Cook for another 30 seconds. Switch off the flame..
- For seasoning, heat coconut oil in a pan and add crushed garlic cloves. When the garlic color changes to golden brown add red chilli flakes. Stir for 3 seconds & add it to Moringa upkari & mix well. Healthy Moringa Upkari is ready to be served with rice..