Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken. Here is how you can achieve that. Sweet and Sour Chicken Cream of Celery Soup You see, in the original sweet and sour recipe, chicken cubes are first coated with a batter and then deep fried. This is exactly like your favourite sweet and sour from the local down the road, but with fewer calories.
Secrets to Standout Sweet and Sour Chicken. The secret is in the chicken marinade, specifically using egg whites and cornstarch, which creates a super-light coating all around the So how sweet and how sour? The beauty of this dish is that you can adjust at the end. You can have Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Prepare of breast Chicken breast.
- It’s of Marinade:.
- You need of see step 3 Sugar, sake, soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil (or vegetable oil).
- Prepare of ▲ Katakuriko.
- You need of cm Carrot.
- It’s of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare of Shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare of Onion.
- It’s of Cooked bamboo shoot in water.
- Prepare of Flavor:.
- You need of ★Sugar.
- It’s of tablepoons each ★ Ketchup, soy sauce, vnegar.
- Prepare of ★ Chinese soup stock.
- You need of ★Water.
- Prepare of + 2 tablespoons Katakuriko + Water.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Have a little taste of the sauce. This healthy and crispy sweet and sour chicken recipe is so delicious with sweet and sour sauce! You can make the sweet sour sauce in advance, store in an air-tight container and keep in the How to Make Sweet and Sour Chicken? The recipe is easy and simple.
Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken instructions
- Remove the skin and open up the thicker parts to make it all the same thickness. Cover with plastic wrap use the handle of a knife or a rolling pin to pound the meat. Remove the plastic wrap and pierce with a fork..
- Cut into bite-sized pieces..
- Put the chicken into a plastic bag and add 1/4 teaspoon (about 2 pinches) of sugar, 1 tablespoon each of soy sauce and sake, and 1 teaspoon of oil. Rub the seasoning into the meat for about 1 minute. Marinate for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables. Cut the onion in half horizontally and cut into 6-8 slices. Thinly slice the thicker part of the carrot into pieces of the same size as the onion..
- Cut the shiitake, green pepper, and bamboo shoot to the same size of the onion..
- Combine the ★ ingredients..
- Prepare the katakuriko slurry..
- Add the ▲ ingredients to the plastic bag from Step 2 and gently coat each piece of chicken evenly..
- Fry the chicken in a good amount of oil until browned and crisp, then transfer to a dish. (If there are some burned areas left in the frying pan, wipe or wash it clean)..
- Add a little bit of oil to the frying pan from Step 9 and quickly saute the green peppers. When the peppers are coated well with oil, transfer to the same plate as the chicken. It's okay if they aren't completely cooked..
- Add some more oil to the frying pan and saute the onion and carrots. Add the shiitake and bamboo shoot and continue sautéing..
- Once the oil has coated the vegetables, add the ★ mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes..
- Swirl in the katakuriko slurry and stir. Once it has thickened, add the chicken and green peppers. Let simmer and then season with salt and pepper. Done..
- (If you have some time available, deep fry the vegetables. In that case, skip Step 10.).
- It's easier to make if you prepare the dish until Step 6 the night before, cover it with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator..
This is the kind of healthy eating we can get down with. When you add layers of bright and fresh flavors (like lemon pepper!), eating healthy can be extremely easy and delicious. How to Make Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken. Tips and Variations for Making this Recipe Perfectly. More Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes.