Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry. A playlist of my favorite healthy chicken recipes. Chicken is one of the best and leanest sources of protein out there, and stable in a healthy diet. But, you can grow tired of eating it if there is no variety.
Chicken turns out perfectly in the slow cooker, oven, or skillet, and it complements flavor combinations from all over the world. Try one of our easy and healthy chicken recipes — including chicken. It's easy to prep and it's a safe zone for the kids. You can cook Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry
- You need of Chicken breast or thigh meat.
- It’s of Carrots.
- It’s of Onions.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Garlic (finely chopped or thinly sliced).
- Prepare of Soup stock granules.
- You need of Grated potato.
- You need of Grated apple.
- You need of or more Canned tomato (whole or diced).
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of Curry powder.
- You need of blocks Store-bought curry roux (mild-spicy or spicy).
- It’s of Olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Yogurt.
- You need of Honey or sugar.
- You need of or more Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
This is a collection of healthy chicken recipes for dinner that are the perfect quick healthy weeknight meals to. These simple, homemade, yet delicious healthy chicken recipes are great for lunch, dinner and leftovers! Chicken is easy to prepare in a healthy way by grilling, roasting, sauteing, poaching, stir-frying and baking. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, we should be eating lean sources of.
Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry step by step
- Finely chop the onions and garlic. Mince the carrots in a food processor. Grate the apple and potato. Blend the canned tomatoes in the food processor..
- Put the finely chopped onions in a plastic container, add 1 tablespoon of butter, cover with a lid (or cling film), and microwave for 7-8 minutes..
- Pour the oil in a pot, sauté the garlic over low heat until fragrant. Add the onions from Step 2, and sauté until lightly browned. Add more oil, and fry the chicken and carrots..
- Add the water, canned tomatoes, grated vegetables and soup stock granules, and simmer for a while, skimming any scum from the surface..
- Lightly roast the curry powder in a frying pan over low heat. If you don't use any store-bought curry roux, add more curry powder..
- After simmering for 30-40 minutes, add the curry powder, and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat. Finally, add the roux, yogurt, Worcestershire-style sauce, and honey to adjust..
- You can fry the chicken before you sauté the onions (take the chicken out after frying, and set it aside). Yogurt is optional..
- If sautéing the onions is too much trouble for you, you can just lightly sauté them after microwaving. (Microwave for a little longer in this case.).
- You can grate the potato and apple directly into the pot as it simmers. You can slice the onions instead of finely chopping..
- You can use 2 cans of tomatoes, if you like. You don't have to use potato if you use store-bought curry roux..
- If you don't add the curry powder in Step 6, it will be a tomato soup.. Add more water and tomatoes to taste. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143374-healthy-chicken-tomato-soup (see recipe).
- This is delicious with chicken drumettes..
- Turmeric Rice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143375-turmeric-rice-for-curry (see recipe).
Picture courtesy of Healthy Seasonal Recipes. A lot of classic ways of preparing comfort food, like dredging chicken breast in flour, get a bad rap. These crispy golden healthy chicken tenders are one of my most popular recipes of all time. The key is the fool-proof oven baked breading. Healthy white chicken chili that's nice and creamy, yet there's no cream!