Healthy Chicken Pie. This healthy chicken pie is easy to make and still feels like a proper pie – even though it's lower in calories. Serve with steamed veg, it's so filling you don't need anything else. Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner.
Eating chicken doesn't have to be boring with these tasty dinner ideas! Get our recipe for Best-Ever Healthier Chicken Pot Pie. How to make healthy crustless chicken pot pie. You can have Healthy Chicken Pie using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Chicken Pie
- You need of chicken breasts.
- You need of smoked bacon.
- You need of carrots.
- Prepare of potato.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of frozen peas.
- Prepare of pre made puff pasty.
- It’s of sunflower or vegatable oil.
- You need of corn flower.
- You need of warm water.
- Prepare of hot water.
- It’s of Chicken Stock Pot.
Start by melting the butter over medium heat, add chopped onions and garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant. Light yet comforting, this healthy chicken pot pie is the perfect easy dinner recipe. Loaded with tender chicken, creamy sauce, and nutrient dense vegetables, your entire family will get behind this dish. · Cozy, healthy chicken pot pie soup made deliciously creamy without any dairy! A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food Learn how to make an amazing chicken pot pie.
Healthy Chicken Pie instructions
- Preparation – chop the onion, carrot and potato in to roughly 2cm pieces. Cut bacon and chicken in to roughly 2cm pieces..
- Heat a large sauce pan with 3 tablespoons of oil. (Medium heat).
- When the oil is warm add the bacon..
- When the bacon started to brown add the chopped onions..
- After 3mins add the carrots & potato and let it cook for a further 5mins, stirring regularly..
- Using a slotted spoon empty the pan in to a clean bowl..
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5mins stirring regularly. If pan is dry add more oil..
- Now add back to the pan the cooked bacon, onion, potato and carrots. And stirring together..
- Add 250ml of water to the pan and add 2 chicken stock pots. Stir well..
- In a clean bowl mix corn flour with 100ml of hot water. This will be a think paste – keep stirring till all lumps are gone. (Add more water is needed) Add this mixture to the pan with chicken and veg. This will thicken the sauce..
- Pour in 750ml of water, add peas, and season..
- Lower heat, stir and cover, letting chicken and veg simmer..
- Pastry – of using pre rolled pastry cut the pastry in to 2cm x 10cm. You'll will need 6 pieces per person. Place on a baking tray and cook as instructed. If you're using a unrolled pastry then roll out so it is 5mm think then cut as above..
- To serve, placed the chicken and veg in to a large serving bowl and cover with 6 pieces of pastry per serving..
- Now eat and enjoy :).
It may look difficult, but it's actually very simple to. Chicken pie is a favourite with children who love pastry of any kind. Sometimes the pie filling will bubble over onto the baking sheet, so line it first with foil for easy clean-up. This amazing homemade chicken pie is the perfect sharing dish. Beautiful crumbly pastry, tender pieces of chicken and sweet leeks cooked in a creamy cider sauce.