Healthy chicken stir fry. Chicken Stir Fry is an easy dinner idea, made with chicken, vegetables and a delicious stir fry sauce. This chicken stir fry has become one of my family's favorite dinners. It's easy, relatively quick, and full of healthy vegetables.
Feel free to mix up the protein or vegetables depending on Getting take-out is a crave-worthy indulgence. And with our easy chicken veggie stir fry recipe, you can recreate the. This Chicken Stir Fry Recipe is so much better than takeout! You can have Healthy chicken stir fry using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy chicken stir fry
- Prepare of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare of cabbage cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare of onion quartered and julienned.
- It’s of broccoli, steamed.
- It’s of garlic thinly sliced.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of about 1/8 teaspoon ginger.
- You need of 5 spice.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of sliced button mushrooms (fresh).
- You need of sauce (I know a cranberry based sauce sounds kind of odd but trust me it's really good and goes well with the other ingredients.
- It’s of dried cranberries.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of ginger.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It’s of dash cinnamon.
- Prepare of 5 spice.
- It’s of red pepper flake.
- Prepare of about 1 1/2 cup water…or as needed.
The chicken and vegetables in a garlic ginger soy sauce with honey is the perfect balance of sweet This chicken stir fry recipe will become a staple in your home. It's so quick to make and you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. This healthy and easy chicken and broccoli stir fry is a quick weeknight dinner that will not disappoint! This quick and easy Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry has everything you are craving in a good stir fry: Tender flavorful chicken.
Healthy chicken stir fry step by step
- Prepare all ingredients first. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Steam broccoli. Prepare sauce, direction follows.
- Add about 2 TBS olive oil to saute pan and heat. When hot, but not smoking, add half of the onion and garlic and cook about a minute. Keep a close eye on this it will burn if you don't stir it..
- Add chicken to onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, till chicken is cooked completely..
- While this is cooking add a sprinkle of ginger, 5 spice, and garlic powder. A couple of pinches of ginger and 5 spice in this should be good. A little goes a long way!.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from pan into a bowl. The pan is still very hot!. With the pan off of the heat for a minute add about 1-2 TBS olive oil. Place pan back on heat and add cabbage, other half of onion, and mushrooms..
- Stir coating all vegetables with oil and cook about 5-7 minutes. You want the cabbage to still be crisp. Add garlic powder, pinch of ginger, couple pinches 5 spice, and some red pepper flake if you like. (Adds a nice little back heat 🙂 ).
- When this is finished mix with chicken and add broccoli. Add sauce you made previously :-).
- To prepare sauce………… put all ingredients for sauce in small pan. Cook on medium about 30-45 minutes until cranberries are soft. With a wisk stir and mash the sauce while it cooks. It will resemble jelly when it's done. It should not be as thick. While adding sauce to chicken mixture put through a sieve so it'll be smooth. Mix all together, serve with rice..
This chicken stir-fry is a little spicy and a little sweet. Fresh ginger and garlic add a little kick, which is balanced with brown sugar. You don't have to spend your Sundays meal-prepping to have healthy and satisfying lunches throughout the week. Find healthy, delicious chicken stir fry recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. In this healthy version of a General Tso's Chicken recipe, we cut the fat and sodium in half from the original version by not frying the chicken and by using half as much soy sauce in this.