ChanaTikkis -healthy & tasty. Chana TikkiThose who are searching less oil tasty recipe they can try this chana Tikki. Just to follow the tricks how to cook with less oil. High protein Breakfast #highproteinrecipe #chanatikki #chanakabab.
You can have ChanaTikkis -healthy & tasty using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of ChanaTikkis -healthy & tasty
- You need of white Chanadal (soaked in water for 5 hours).
- It’s of chopped onions.
- You need of finely chopped ginger.
- It’s of finely chopped green chillies.
- You need of finely chopped garlic.
- It’s of coarsely chopped peanuts (unsalted).
- Prepare of chopped coriander.
- You need of red chilli powder.
- It’s of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of garam masala.
- You need of water.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Oil for shallow frying.
- It’s of sesame seeds for garnish.
ChanaTikkis -healthy & tasty instructions
- Soak Chanadal in water for 5 hours prior to cooking this dish with a pinch of salt. Then pressure cook it for 5 whistles on medium flame. Check if it’s mushy by smashing one with your fingers. When ready drain the water & set aside Chanato cool for a bit..
- In a pan with 2tsp oil, toast the peanuts till brown. Remove them and add the rest of the vegetables. Fry till it turns brown & turns aromat..
- Mash the chanadal with a fork. Avoid smashing with fingers. Add the salt, turmeric, garam masala & chilli powder. Mix well..
- Add the fried veggies to this mixture. Mix evenly. Add 1/2 cup water for some moisture. Form balls and flatten them into tikkis. Let them chill in the freezer for 15 mins..
- Shallow fry tikkis on a hot pan using less oil. Fry until both sides are brown..
- Garnish tikkis with sesame seeds. Serve hot tikkis with cold coriander-mint raita & onion slices for best taste!.
- Useful Tip: avoid using moist hands to handle the tikki mixture which will increase it's shelf life. You can freeze the tikkis for upto 2 days & pan fry when needed..