Vickys Millionaires Shortbread, GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN.
You can cook Vickys Millionaires Shortbread, GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Millionaires Shortbread, GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN
- Prepare 250 grams of plain / gluten-free flour.
- You need 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- It’s 75 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 175 grams of softened butter.
- It’s 200 grams of plain chocolate, I use Plamil / Enjoy Life free-from.
- It’s 100 grams of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 can of (2x397g cans) of condensed milk or see my free-from recipe.
- Prepare 100 grams of gold-foil wrapped Stork margarine or butter.
Vickys Millionaires Shortbread, GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN step by step
- Preheat oven to gas 4 and grease a 9 x 13 tin.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using and caster sugar, then rub in the 1st lot of margarine to form 'breadcrumbs' so it is well integrated. Continue kneading to form a dough..
- Press the dough into the bottom of the baking tin and prick lightly with a fork. Let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking for 20 minutes. Let cool in the tin.
- Meanwhile add the next 100g of butter, sugar and cans of condensed milk to a pan and heat until sugar is dissolved. Then bring to the boil and simmer down for 5 mins to thicken..
- Pour over the cooled shortbread and let cool and set..
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and when the caramel layer has cooled, pour the chocolate on top..
- Let everything cool and set then cut into squares.
- If you can't tolerate coconut, dairy or are vegan, there's a product called Vance's Foods DariFree Original Powder Gluten-Free Beverage which is potato-based. You can make evaporated milk from this, then condensed from the evaporated! Mix half a cup of it with 1 cup of water to make evapo, then to make condensed mix that with 1 cup of granulated sugar and stir over a medium heat.