Khaman Dhokla/ Khaman (A Healthy Breakfast & Snacks option).
You can have Khaman Dhokla/ Khaman (A Healthy Breakfast & Snacks option) using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Khaman Dhokla/ Khaman (A Healthy Breakfast & Snacks option)
- It’s of Besan (Seive it for lumpfree Besan).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Baking soda.
- You need of Fruit Salt (Eno).
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of For Tempering Syrup.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need of Mustard seeds.
- You need of Few curry leaves.
- Prepare of Green chillies.
- Prepare of or as per taste Salt.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of lemon.
- It’s of Green Chutney.
- You need of Mint and Cilantro Chutney (see recipe).
- Prepare of Sweet and sour chutney (see recipe).
Khaman Dhokla/ Khaman (A Healthy Breakfast & Snacks option) instructions
- Fill up the base vessel for steaming and put the flame on for boiling. I did it in my Momo steamer. My square (cake) tin exactly fitted in it.Grease the tin also and keep it ready. Mix all the ingredients and add water and form a batter, not too thick nor runny. Keep it aside for 10 minutes. Then add Fruit Salt (Eno) and mix it as quick as possible with a whisk and immediately pour it in the tin and steam it for 20 minutes or till the knife inserted comes out clean. Once done let it cool..
- Cut it in the tin itself or put it on a plate and cut it. Heat oil in a pan add the mustard seeds, slitted green chillies, then the curry leaves, cilantro and water and mix. Add Salt and sugar, lemon juice and mix well let the sugar melt and then cook for about 2-3 minutes. Pour it on the cut Khaman Dhokla evenly with the help of a ladle/ spoon. Sprinkle fresh Coconut and fresh cilantro on top of it for garnishing and serve it along with chutneys- Tamarind and date chutney and Green chutney!.