Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins.
You can cook Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins
- It’s of Dry ingredients:.
- Prepare of whole wheat pastry flour (I used 1 cup wholegrain flour mixed with 1/2 cup plain flour).
- It’s of baking soda.
- You need of cinnamon.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of Wet ingredients:.
- You need of mashed ripe banana (about 2 small to medium ripe bananas). – I used 1 big bananas and didn't really measure with the cup. Next time will measure properly.
- It’s of olive oil (or sub melted butter) – I used coconut oil.
- Prepare of honey (or sub pure maple syrup).
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of egg.
- Prepare of heaping cup shredded zucchini (from 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess moisture).
- It’s of unsweetened almond milk (or any milk) – I used fresh milk.
- It’s of Fold ins:.
- It’s of chocolate chips, dairy free if desired.
- You need of chopped walnuts (or pecans) – I used sliced almond.
- You need of shredded unsweetened coconut.
Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray. This is critical to making sure the muffins don’t stick to the liners..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt..
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the following with a wooden spoon: zucchini (make sure it’s been squeezed of excess moisture), mashed banana, olive oil, honey, egg, vanilla extract, shredded zucchini and almond milk..
- Gently sir in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and shredded coconut..
- Divide batter evenly between greased muffin liners. Bake for 22-27 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached..
- Allow muffins to cool in muffin tin for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Store muffins in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Muffins can also be frozen for up to three months..