Bu’s famous quick and healthy refried beans. The Recipe For Making Bu's famous quick and healthy refried beans. Refried beans can be a healthy food or an unhealthy food — preparation makes all the difference. Eating refried beans or other legumes in place of meat two or three times a week can reduce the amount of saturated fat and.
Making refried beans involves boiling beans, mashing them into a chunky paste, and then baking or frying. Overall, refried beans are about as healthy as you can get. They're great for keeping you feeling full after a meal, and are a good source of several dietary components that contribute to good. You can have Bu’s famous quick and healthy refried beans using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bu’s famous quick and healthy refried beans
- It’s of dry beans. Cranberry beans recommended. Pinto or other Mexican beans should be ok.
- Prepare of medium size onion.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of chilli peppers. Red Serrano is the best but any other pepper is fine.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of dried chilli pepper like ancho chilli or Pasilla. Powder is also ok.
Having trouble finding a great healthiest refried beans? Santiago Beans deliver authentic taste and. The best Easy Refried Beans Recipe How to make Refried Beans from a can, QUICK & EASY!
Bu’s famous quick and healthy refried beans step by step
- Dump the beans in a pressure cooker. Put enough water cover beans. Water should be 3-4 inches above the beans. Cook for one hour. Follow the pressure cooker instruction..
- Soak dry pepper like ancho chilli with 2-3 cups of water. Skip this using powder..
- Chop onion roughly. Chop garlic and chilli pepper..
- Start heating a frying pan then add olive oil when the pan is warm. Add chopped onion and cook low heat for 5 minutes then add garlic and chilli and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Continue caramelize onion another 13 minutes until onion looks light brown..
- After one hour, turn off heat for pressure cooker and let the pressure reduced. Chop the soaked dry chilli then add it to the onion pan. Add 2 cups water from the dry chilli soaked water..
- When the pressure cooker is safe to open per manufacture’s instruction, open the lid and drain water from beans using a strainer..
- Put back the beans back to the pressure cooker pan and roughly mush them. Add the onion/dry pepper to the beans and mix well. Add salt to your taste..
- Eat as is with Mexican hot sauce or put one over easy egg. Bu’s favorite is making bean and cheese burrito.cheese burrito: place beans and shredded cheese and fold it then microwave for 1 minute. Then heat a pan and brown both sides( this makes taste better rather just microwave..
These healthy refried beans are our take on the traditional Mexican dish, with a health-conscious twist! Usually, Mexican refried beans are served as a side dish or included in tortillas and enchiladas. In Tex-mex cuisine, they are also eaten as a dip with tortilla chips! You don't have to spend your Sundays meal-prepping to have healthy and satisfying lunches throughout the week. Healthy Refried Beans. click here to see more like this.