You can cook Healthy Okonomiyaki using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Okonomiyaki
- Prepare of Batter.
- You need of Chinese yam.
- It’s of Tofu *semi-firm.
- You need of Rice flour.
- Prepare of Okara powder *soy protein.
- You need of Fish broth soup packets.
- You need of Eggs.
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Prepare of Vegetables *cabbage, carrot, onion etc.
- You need of Shrimp.
- Prepare of Squid.
- It’s of Mochi.
- It’s of Shredded cheese.
- You need of Tempura bits.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s of Okonomi sauce.
- You need of Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Bonito flakes.
- It’s of Aonori seaweed.
Healthy Okonomiyaki step by step
- Wrap tofu in paper towels to take moisture out..
- Chop the ingredients into bite size pieces..
- Vegetables, seafoods etc… you can add anything you like..
- Peel off Chinese yam's skin and then grate it..
- Mix Chinese yam & tofu in the bowl. Break tofu well with using a spatula..
- Add rice powder in it..
- Add okara powder (soy protein) in it. You can skip this process if you do not have okara powder or not interested in..
- Break the fish broth packets and put soup powder in it..
- Add beaten eggs and mix well..
- Add all ingredients and tempura bits in it and mix lightly..
- Put oil into the pan, pour the batter and then shape it with a spatula..
- Flip it over when the bubbles start popping on the surface..
- When it comes to easy to move on the pan, it's done frying..
- Put Okonomi sauce, mayonnaise and then sprinkle bonito flakes and aonori seaweed to taste..
- You can get Okonomi sauce at Amazon or International Markets like Jungle Jim's in Ohio..