Baked Sumac Chicken- Healthy and Tasty.
You can cook Baked Sumac Chicken- Healthy and Tasty using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Sumac Chicken- Healthy and Tasty
- Prepare 1 kg of Whole Chicken.
- Prepare 2 Tbsps+ 2-3 tbsps of E.Bhi. Olive oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Baharat* (Middle Eastern Spice Blend).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sumac (Middle Eastern Berry Powder).
- It’s 4-5 Cloves of Garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon/ Lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt.
- It’s of Baharat.
- You need 1 tbsp of Black Peppercorns.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cummin seeds.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Coriander seeds.
- Prepare 8-10 of Cloves.
- You need 10-12 of Seeds only of Green Cardamom.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of Chilli Powder or Kashmiri LAL Mirch powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Grounded or grated Nutmeg.
Baked Sumac Chicken- Healthy and Tasty instructions
- In a plate or bowl, prepare the marinade- add 2 tbsps olive oil and all spices, salt and lemon/ lime juice. With a kitchen scissor or knife,cut between the ribs near the tail so that the chicken lays flat and make slit at the groin and make slits on thighs and breast..
- Massage the spice mix and cover and let it rest for an hour or two (or overnight will be better in the fridge) to marinate. Preheat oven at 200°C. Lay a baking sheet on your baking tray and bake it for about 45 minutes or till the chicken is well cooked. Garnish with pomegranate and chopped parsley and serve it on the dinner table along with Salad and dips. Cut and divide the chicken among individual plate. We enjoyed it with Tabbouleh, Beetroot Hummus and Muttabal..
- For Baharat Masala : Dry roast all the whole spices, cool it and grind it into powder. Once powdered add the Chilli powder, Nutmeg and Cinnamon and blend it. Your Baharat is ready..
- Tabbouleh (see recipe).
- Hummus (see recipe).
- Walnut Hummus (see recipe).
- Beetroot Hummus (see recipe).
- Muttabal (see recipe).