You can cook Healthy Jambalaya using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Jambalaya
- It’s 4 of Aidells Cajun Andouille Sausage links.
- It’s 1/2 cup of celery, diced.
- You need 3 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno pepper, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of short grain brown rice.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce.
- You need 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped.
Healthy Jambalaya instructions
- Combine rice and chicken broth in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir once, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 40 minutes (or about 10 minutes less than stated on the package directions). Tip: start the rice before chopping other ingredients..
- Heat oil in large pot or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and sausages until lightly browned, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeño, celery and garlic. Season with crushed red pepper, onion powder, and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent and tender, about 5 minutes..
- Add partially cooked rice, water, and tomatoes. Stir, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender (about 10 minutes)..
- Stir in tobacco sauce and serve..